By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List Of Game Which Have Gone Downhill

Which Games Do You Think Has Gone Downhill ?

Resident Evil 54 25.47%

Silent Hill 17 8.02%

Final Fantasy 62 29.25%

Call Of Duty 27 12.74%

Assassin's Creed 13 6.13%

Fable 10 4.72%

Splinter Cell 4 1.89%

Dead Space 4 1.89%

Command & Conquer 11 5.19%

Others 9 4.25%

Total:211

I disagree with AC totally. Sure the Brotherhood and Revelations campaigns were shorter and maybe not as meaty as two, but gameplay wise they are an improvement, the combat system is damn near perfect in those games and i love the Brotherhood aspect. Sure one could make the argument that the stuff they added was bland, tower defense in Revelations but even that was mostly optional I played through the entire campaign and then some without ever having to do it outside of tutorial

Around the Network

FFXII is one of the best games ever created, anyone who does not agree and enjoy at least one aspect of them game can go and continue on their ignorant life. Go and play Halo 6 or some other shitty shooter game while a 9 year old screams at you. Or play super Mario 47 or maybe Zelda 29.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

I fear Dead Space 3 will suffer the same fate as Resident Evil 6. Let just hope is isn't true and still able to keep those horror element on what has been in Dead Space 1-2.

I would actually say RE started going downhill because of RE4. Not that it was a bad game (neither was 5 really, though 4 was better than 5), but it wasn't the same genre anymore and, well, I think there were better action games at the time (at least in my memory).

Not that every game has to stay in the same genre per se, but RE4 wasn't even remotely scary and had little to no puzzles. It was mainly shoot, shoot, find treasure. Only thing that made it better than 5 was the fact that you had a decision on keeping treasure and combining it with other stuff.

KylieDog said:
Why does RE5 get the blame for what RE4 did? RE4 killed survival horror in the series. Also the AI in RE5 does not waste ammo or healing items, is a crack shot so ammo is never actually wasted and it uses healing items only when they get almost full effect. Is a myth that it wastes them, probably created by players too crap at the game to admit it to themselves so find something to blame.

Quoted for its truth speaking content.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Silent Hill is the worst offender in that list IMO. FF has been pretty polarising lately, but many people loved XII, they fixed XIV and the XIII sequel isn't bad. They can still redeem themselves, but they must do it soon.

Other examples:

Tomb Raider (I know the last games are not bad, but it hit serious lows and it's still downhill from its origins)
Spyro
Crash

Possibly GTA. GTA IV and the expansions don't hold a candle to SA. BUT GTAV could be amazing (I believe it will be) so I think this will be out of the list eventually.

I'll post more if I think of any.

With AC; I would argue that it has actually improved. Let's be honest, the original was a turd. Even the spinoffs are much better than the original, and Brotherhood was better than II to many. III looks promising. This is actually an amazing case where a horrible game managed to sell millions and brought them back for a (MUCH better) sequel. I guess people realised the concept was great and gave the series a second chance.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Why is Dead Space on the list???

sub-zero-TM said:

I think it's slowly losing its Suvival Horror mark for a more 3rd person shooter appeal

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Resident Evil has grown in popularity, it hasnt gone downhill.

Ajescent said:
sub-zero-TM said:

I think it's slowly losing its Suvival Horror mark for a more 3rd person shooter appeal

Oh yeah you're kinda right, but i hope that's not gonna happen though! :(