By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who won the debate? Romney or Obama?

Who won the debate?

President Barack Obama 220 34.65%

Governor Mitt Romney 265 41.73%

Nobody 141 22.20%

Total:626

Just as I predicted 2 hours ago. Romney said absolutely nothing ("I have a plan..") and will therefore "win" the debate by default. What was more than surprising to me is the fact that judging by Obama's body language, he didn't see that coming...

Around the Network

Romney didnt seem as bad as i thought he would. Ultimately though, i think they did about the same...

Romney did great tonight. So i'll say he won if not by much.

drkohler said:
Just as I predicted 2 hours ago. Romney said absolutely nothing ("I have a plan..") and will therefore "win" the debate by default. What was more than surprising to me is the fact that judging by Obama's body language, he didn't see that coming...

Usually, the incumbent talks about their track record and the challenger is vague.

Romney did better, but they went back and forth on the 3-4 issues so much, there wasn't any debate for the other 1,000 topics that matter.

3, 2hr debates isn't enough, especially with the idiocy from both candidates. Both want big government... Its just a matter of what sectors.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

That was pretty fun. No clear winner for me, but Romney looks a little better, minus the way he treated the moderator. :/

mrstickball said:
Romney did better, but they went back and forth on the 3-4 issues so much, there wasn't any debate for the other 1,000 topics that matter.

3, 2hr debates isn't enough, especially with the idiocy from both candidates. Both want big government... Its just a matter of what sectors.

I think it was the body language that won it for Romney. He smiled when he had what he thought was a good response to Obama, and he was pretty enthusiastic when he spoke. Obama just looked irritated half the time when Romney spoke, and that was really noticable for me. Romney didn't do himself any favors by talking over the moderator, though.

I enjoyed GJ's comments, but he had to leave about an hour into the debate. 

Mitt Romney took the game back to earth. Obama had a very tough time.

Yay!!!

spurgeonryan said:
I think Roney lost. He showed his true agenda when he was talking about schools. " I want to grade teachers so that parents know what schools to send their kids to". What parent can afford that? He plans to be pro rich person during his presidency because he is out of touch with everyday joe..

Obama one even though he is probably out of touch as well and he talked like he was on speed.

Everyone... considering the Republican plan comes with a voucher that pays for school.

Really... Mr. Stickball had the best idea for schools... i think this was him... from waaaay back.

Everyone gets a voucher for "X" amount.   Schools have to compete for students, therefore they have to give good value.  Where there is an excess in students applying.   Random lottery.

I think Romney started out the gate stronger than Obama, but didn't finish stronger towards the end.

Did anyone watch this on XBL? Obama won every single poll. It was about 60% Obama, 30 Romney, and 10 didn't know on average.