By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who won the debate? Romney or Obama?

Who won the debate?

President Barack Obama 220 34.65%

Governor Mitt Romney 265 41.73%

Nobody 141 22.20%

Total:626
Kasz216 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Kasz216 said:
smroadkill15 said:
I think Romney started out the gate stronger than Obama, but didn't finish stronger towards the end.

Did anyone watch this on XBL? Obama won every single poll. It was about 60% Obama, 30 Romney, and 10 didn't know on average.

I agree.  Obama was just really, really off starting off, and had to work himself into a grove.  Like I said I think it was AWFUL debate prep, and he had to change course and go off book mid way through.

I wouldn't trust online polling.

Ron Paul afterall won every debate he's ever been in according to the online polls.

Don't see him anywhere now do you.

Online polling is often very accurate with a non-representative sample

I'm guessing you mean... representative or is this a joke that flew over my head.

Yeah, I'm tired and not paying close attention to my spelling

Around the Network
yum123 said:
has anyone got a link to a replay of the whole debate

bump my comment

I also thought it was funny that mitt was like, no, it's repeal and replace, then when asked what his plan was, it was the same thing, and obama ocountered that it's not fiscally feasible to both cut the deficeit AND include those plans, we've tried, we know.

Very strange the way Obama acted during the debate. He barely even looked at Romney and was always looking down while he was speaking. Then again Romney kept interrupting Jim so I guess it's even.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Hmm... apparently David Axelrod thinks Mitt Romney won the debate. Saying he'll probably pick up a few points.

Yikes.

Around the Network

Wow even known major liberals are admitting Romney won.

This coukd honestly make an impact. Often times debates dont but this is looking like a landslide for Romney in the 1st debate

Its funny...

we can read the body language of Barack Obama, but when it comes to reading women we are completely oblivious.

America really does need to get back on track.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The debate was too shitty and narrow in scope for me to care, so I voted "nobody."

It was a 90 minute parade of stump speech regurgitation, and neither of them gave a convincing, exciting vision or set of policy proposals. Obama was in full defense mode, having no bold claims to make in light of how shit the economy still is; Romney went after him with the same blunt, rusty set of tools pretty much every Republican has been passing around since Reagan. There were also several places--cutting corporate rates, education policy, etc.--that they ended up sounding almost exactly the same on.

Also, Jim Lehrer was impotent and useless throughout the debate. Both Obama and Romney went way over time and off prompt pretty much at their leisure. I'm sure Gwen Ifill feels vindicated in her anger at being passed over for the moderator post now.

Bleh.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
smroadkill15 said:
I think Romney started out the gate stronger than Obama, but didn't finish stronger towards the end.

Did anyone watch this on XBL? Obama won every single poll. It was about 60% Obama, 30 Romney, and 10 didn't know on average.

I watched in XBL.. when do we get that avatar now?

You must watch at least 3 out of the 4 debates.

mrstickball said:
I think Romney may surprise during the debates. Although Obama is eloquent, I think he can be pulled off of his game.. But that assumes Romney wants to actually debate Obama, and not go for canned speeches.

If I were Romney, I would press Obama on every aspect of the economy - the lack of jobs from the stimulus, the anemic growth of the private sector, the lack of capital investment that points to a lack of faith in the economy. When Obama tries to argue Republican obstructionism, then Romney should counter with his record of reaching across the aisle to achieve results - something that Obama has done none of, and even Clinton and Bush managed to do during their tenures as president.

But that assumes that Romney is remotely intelligent. I hated him during the primary debates, because he never really was great, but never had a gaffe. The Ryan-Biden debates (whenever they are, if they happen) would be much better.

And if Gary Johnson was there.... He'd tear both of them apart.

Yeah Gary would murder them. It's no wonder third paries have no chance to win in this country when they don't even get to participate in nationally televised debates. So much for the land of opportunity.