By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who won the debate? Romney or Obama?

Who won the debate?

President Barack Obama 220 34.65%

Governor Mitt Romney 265 41.73%

Nobody 141 22.20%

Total:626

Neither. The scope of the debate is far too narrow.

No talk about poverty, wealth inequality, the disappearing middle class, police brutality, stop & frisk, the ever-expanding surveillance state, closing Guantanamo, NDAA, union-busting, the assault on public education, fracking, the Keystone oil pipeline, climate change, the UN arms treaty, etc.

Around the Network

I feel Romney is really rolling Obama right now. Obama seems really agitated.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

anyone catch when either Obama of Romney have some fact about their opponent their eyes glisten. and to many "uh's" being used..I know it's live but they should have their thoughts together...

Mr Khan said:

But simultaneously crushing insurance companies' ability to screw anyone over: no payout caps, no discrimination based on gender or pre-existing conditions. Really, if the ACA was allowed to stand, vouchers wouldn't be the worst thing in the world

Aside from the fact that Medicare has lower overhead, even counting any fraud, than private insurance.

You mean crushing insurance companies' ability to act like insurance companies. No discrimination based on pre-existing conditions is the stupidest fucking thing to ever come down the pipes. It's like being able to buy homeowners insurance after your house has already caught fire. And needless to say, it will work just as well. Which is to say that it won't.

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

But simultaneously crushing insurance companies' ability to screw anyone over: no payout caps, no discrimination based on gender or pre-existing conditions. Really, if the ACA was allowed to stand, vouchers wouldn't be the worst thing in the world

Aside from the fact that Medicare has lower overhead, even counting any fraud, than private insurance.

You mean crushing insurance companies' ability to act like insurance companies. No discrimination based on pre-existing conditions is the stupidest fucking thing to ever come down the pipes. It's like being able to buy homeowners insurance after your house has already caught fire. And needless to say, it will work just as well. Which is to say that it won't.

Oh, it will. It will force us into universal coverage once people realize the current system is untenable.

Just as planned

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Oh, it will. It will force us into universal coverage once people realize the current system is untenable.

Just as planned

You are giving the Democrats way too much credit. They didn't craft a scheme this stupid because they secretly want it to fail. They made it this stupid because they're just that stupid.

Romney is destroying Obama right now tbh

Im not a fan of either guy but Obama has to get in control of his emotions and body language. He looks far too agitated and wont look at Romney while Romneys looking him in the eye the entire time.

Kenology said:

No talk about poverty, wealth inequality, the disappearing middle class, police brutality, stop & frisk, the ever-expanding surveillance state, closing Guantanamo, NDAA, union-busting, the assault on public education, fracking, the Keystone oil pipeline, climate change, the UN arms treaty, etc.

You completely right.

Kenology said:

Well the last president that actually cared about poor people was LBJ.  I'm pretty sure no one of this forum is actually old enough to remember his presidency.

badgenome said:
"When you go to vouchers, you are putting seniors at the mercy of insurance companies. Kind of like how I put everyone at the mercy of insurance companies by forcing them to purchase health insurance."

Depending on your pay, you get Subsidized.

Also are you saying they should have put in a public option because I agree with that.