By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Who won the debate? Romney or Obama?

Who won the debate?

President Barack Obama 220 34.65%

Governor Mitt Romney 265 41.73%

Nobody 141 22.20%

Total:626

"When you go to vouchers, you are putting seniors at the mercy of insurance companies. Kind of like how I put everyone at the mercy of insurance companies by forcing them to purchase health insurance."

Around the Network

Jim just said Know your role and shut your mouth!

badgenome said:
"Social security is structurally sound."

LOL, WTF.

yet neither want to cut it or meticare.  i'm sorry but with only 16% of the budget discretionary romney's whole "i'm going to lower taxes and cut deficits" is complete BS.  either we raise taxes or we actually make some cuts and no one is going to make cuts that actually matter..

I actually tried to be a good citizen and watch the debate, but I couldn't stand either of them after a few minutes and I had to close it before I got even more annoyed. Sigh....

wfz said:

I actually tried to be a good citizen and watch the debate, but I couldn't stand either of them after a few minutes and I had to close it before I got even more annoyed. Sigh....

i'm going to sit though at least one but as you can tell i'm using vgchartz to keep me sane...

Around the Network
badgenome said:
"When you go to vouchers, you are putting seniors at the mercy of insurance companies. Kind of like how I put everyone at the mercy of insurance companies by forcing them to purchase health insurance."

But simultaneously crushing insurance companies' ability to screw anyone over: no payout caps, no discrimination based on gender or pre-existing conditions. Really, if the ACA was allowed to stand, vouchers wouldn't be the worst thing in the world

Aside from the fact that Medicare has lower overhead, even counting any fraud, than private insurance.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Bahaha Jim is getting run over.

I'm watching this thing and both are shit.

Only biased people caan see a winner here

They both are terrible.

Though I will say Obamas body language is terrible. He looks visibly annoyed and that Romney is getting under his skin. Some will see that as a sign of weakness.

Dear god though our politicians are fake now days

kitler53 said:
badgenome said:
"Social security is structurally sound."

LOL, WTF.

yet neither want to cut it or meticare.  i'm sorry but with only 16% of the budget discretionary romney's whole "i'm going to lower taxes and cut deficits" is complete BS.  either we raise taxes or we actually make some cuts and no one is going to make cuts that actually matter..

No one is going to raise enough taxes to matter, either. Obama's "fairness" tax would extend to about $80 billion, which doesn't even come close.