By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Study: liberal academics willing to discriminate against conservatives

Tagged games:

Kasz216 said:
fordy said:
Player1x3 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Marks said:

I meant liberals are more racist against minorities (than conservatives), which is why I can see them being prejudice against conservatives as well. 

If what you say is true, then why are minorities voting in larger proportion on the side of liberals?

Affirmative action (which is racist) ?

How does that make liberals racist AGAINST MINORITIES?

Not that I believe it, but a lot of people argue, including a number of minority people that affirmitive action suggests that minorities can't earn positions legitamitly and need a leg up.

This in turn tends to hurt a lot of minority performance in schooling at least, because it makes them all wonder if they really "deserve to be there" and if they can really hold there own. (this part is true.)

I forget the exact term, "Beneveloent Predujece" is the term that comes to mind.

Wouldn't that classify it as racism against non-minorities instead? Being racist against a group would make it a negative impact toward that group.

Around the Network
fordy said:
Kasz216 said:
fordy said:
Player1x3 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Marks said:

I meant liberals are more racist against minorities (than conservatives), which is why I can see them being prejudice against conservatives as well. 

If what you say is true, then why are minorities voting in larger proportion on the side of liberals?

Not that I believe it, but a lot of people argue, including a number of minority people that affirmitive action suggests that minorities can't earn positions legitamitly and need a leg up.

This in turn tends to hurt a lot of minority performance in schooling at least, because it makes them all wonder if they really "deserve to be there" and if they can really hold there own. (this part is true.)

I forget the exact term, "Beneveloent Predujece" is the term that comes to mind.

Wouldn't that classify it as racism against non-minorities instead? Being racist against a group would make it a negative impact toward that group.

Racism doesn't nessistate negative impact.   Racism is simply the world view that there are different races and they are different and that some races are supeiror to others.

Some argue that such groups treat minorties as inferior and drill into peoples heads that they are inferior.

Which really seems more like poor education about why affirmitive action exists then anything, but it does happen.

That and argueably, such things act as crutches that provide a cover to let the real issues go on.  For example, we have affirmitive action, and yet the wealth gap between the races increases... because affirmitive action can't actually adress the wealth gap effectivly.  Essentially, even in the cases when it's successful it doesn't do what it's supposed to....

though it does make a lot of people feel better about the situation.  Which is really what a lot of government programs do.  They just throw enough money at it so that people don't feel bad without using the research and implementing new more controversial policies that have a chance for actual change.

One thing's for sure... liberals are often REALLY snappy about people drinking their beers, or daring to share any of their property. I have about a 50/50 split between left and right friends... the righties (including myself) always throw better parties, because we provide more for the party... lefties always want everyone to bring their own.

Kind of weird, considering its the righties who are supposed to be the selfish jerks, and the lefties who want to share property, and everything. I suppose they can't afford to provide people with extras, because all their money goes to charity... meanwhile, us righties are flushed with cash after avoiding all our taxes.

SamuelRSmith said:
One thing's for sure... liberals are often REALLY snappy about people drinking their beers, or daring to share any of their property. I have about a 50/50 split between left and right friends... the righties (including myself) always throw better parties, because we provide more for the party... lefties always want everyone to bring their own.

Kind of weird, considering its the righties who are supposed to be the selfish jerks, and the lefties who want to share property, and everything. I suppose they can't afford to provide people with extras, because all their money goes to charity... meanwhile, us righties are flushed with cash after avoiding all our taxes.

Could be meaningless and purely anecdotal, but one possibility is - and you can see this demonstrated by a lot of well-to-do lefties - is that they tend to project. Because they are selfish they assume that everyone else is also selfish, therefore government has to make us all share. For some reason the fact that government is comprised of people who are also selfish and will ultimately do things for their own benefit never occurs to them. Unless they're in the Wrong Party, of course.

fordy said:
Player1x3 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Marks said:

The point wasnt that they were racist against minorities. Just racist in general, especially when they support an insanely racist concept such as affirmative action.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Mr Khan said:
I'm thinking in line with MikeIntellivision on this one. It depends on how we define "conservatives" here, in the sense that yes, you're going to discriminate against certain popularly held conservative viewpoints, because it's pretty clear that they're wrong

Supply-side economics, or a conservative historian would probably pass muster (so long as they weren't conservative revisionist) but not, for instance, a climate change skeptic or a creationist.

Yeah, we CERN should kick all those skeptics out for believing that the Sun is the primary driver of climate on this planet. After all if we let these radical physicists continue with their "science" it could demonstrate that the vast majority of warming we associate with humans is actually caused by solar flares; matching hundreds of years of observations that predate climate alarmism.

Epic post is epic. Glad I jumped to page 2 before refuting his climate change statement.

dsgrue3 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Mr Khan said:
I'm thinking in line with MikeIntellivision on this one. It depends on how we define "conservatives" here, in the sense that yes, you're going to discriminate against certain popularly held conservative viewpoints, because it's pretty clear that they're wrong

Supply-side economics, or a conservative historian would probably pass muster (so long as they weren't conservative revisionist) but not, for instance, a climate change skeptic or a creationist.

Yeah, we CERN should kick all those skeptics out for believing that the Sun is the primary driver of climate on this planet. After all if we let these radical physicists continue with their "science" it could demonstrate that the vast majority of warming we associate with humans is actually caused by solar flares; matching hundreds of years of observations that predate climate alarmism.

Epic post is epic. Glad I jumped to page 2 before refuting his climate change statement.

There's nothing to refute. Just because the sun has a role doesn't mean that the millions of tons of carbon that's been pumped out of the earth, out of the natural carbon cycle, in the last 150 years has nothing to do with it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
dsgrue3 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Mr Khan said:

There's nothing to refute. Just because the sun has a role doesn't mean that the millions of tons of carbon that's been pumped out of the earth, out of the natural carbon cycle, in the last 150 years has nothing to do with it.

There's no reason 150 years of this would provide any conclusive evidence on a planet 4.7 billion years old that has been experiencing cyclical climate change throughout its entire lifetime. Not to mention, if this were having a dramatic impact, the Earth would currently be experiencing its hottest temperatures. It isn't. Several studies of the Earth's surface temperature will show you the Earth has been MUCH hotter than it is today.

My point isn't that you're wrong about our impact, certainly there is evidence to support this, but to explain that it is inconclusive. (Which is why you cannot tout it as fact)

Player1x3 said:
fordy said:
Player1x3 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Marks said:

The point wasnt that they were racist against minorities. Just racist in general, especially when they support an insanely racist concept such as affirmative action.

Read Marks' response (still on this reply). We were replying to Liberals being racist AGAINST minorities.

I ask once again, how is Affirmative Action racist AGAINST minorities. If anything it's racist against non-minorities.

fordy said:
Player1x3 said:
fordy said:
Player1x3 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Marks said:

Read Marks' response (still on this reply). We were replying to Liberals being racist AGAINST minorities.

I ask once again, how is Affirmative Action racist AGAINST minorities. If anything it's racist against non-minorities.

Exactly...

Marks first post was (i think it was on page 1) is that liberals are more racist than conservatives and then some guy asked why are minorities on liberal side and i said because of the racist affirmative action