By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Study: liberal academics willing to discriminate against conservatives

Tagged games:

Marks said:

Because of things like this:

They're gonna vote for Obama because he gave them a phone! And Romney sucks. 

This is the average American voter. Don't consider things like economic action plans, budget deficit, foreign policy...just think about yourself and what the government will steal from the rich and give to you. 

Who's the racist now?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Marks said:

I meant liberals are more racist against minorities (than conservatives), which is why I can see them being prejudice against conservatives as well. 

If what you say is true, then why are minorities voting in larger proportion on the side of liberals?

Affirmative action (which is racist) ?

Player1x3 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Marks said:

I meant liberals are more racist against minorities (than conservatives), which is why I can see them being prejudice against conservatives as well. 

If what you say is true, then why are minorities voting in larger proportion on the side of liberals?

How does that make liberals racist AGAINST MINORITIES?

That woman in the video clearly has a mental disorder guys, come on.

happydolphin said:

yeah, it's called liberalism.

Around the Network
killerzX said:
happydolphin said:

And then you wonder why liberals don't appreciate non-liberals.

happydolphin said:
killerzX said:
happydolphin said:

their disorder?    

killerzX said:
happydolphin said:

their disorder?    

You're a silly goose :3

fordy said:
Player1x3 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Marks said:

How does that make liberals racist AGAINST MINORITIES?

Not that I believe it, but a lot of people argue, including a number of minority people that affirmitive action suggests that minorities can't earn positions legitamitly and need a leg up.

This in turn tends to hurt a lot of minority performance in schooling at least, because it makes them all wonder if they really "deserve to be there" and if they can really hold there own. (this part is true.)

I forget the exact term, "Beneveloent Predujece" is the term that comes to mind.

Kasz216 said:

Actually... I think most economics departments also tend to skew liberal... despite most economists being conservative.

It's led to quite the split between Academic and Private research and outlook.

Most Academic Economics now mostly looks at abstract theoretical questions, while Private economists focus on actual practical real world economics.

It's why you can have people like Paul Krugman when a Nobel Prize... yet not actually have any sort of understanding on how markets actually work on a mecanical level.  Instead relying on overly simple equations that suggust cure all solutions only when used in aggregate.

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2011/07/26/a-great-divide-holds-back-the-relevance-of-economists/

It's intersting, because often you'll find when someone shifts from one realm to the other, they also tend to shift accordingly when it comes to the right or left of economic beliefs.

yeah.. no.

As someone who is about to revieve a bachelor's in Economics this spring, I can say that's wholly untrue.

The first ~1.5 years was more abstract (nowhere near the level you're presenting, however), but then we started learning about specific markets of the state I live in. My thesis was on just that.