By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate For Wii U Famitsu Details

Being in SD was one of the things that made Monster Hunter Tri it less fun on my Wii. Especially as the navigation became hard to read.

A bet it will look beautiful.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Galaki said:
So, it allows up to 3 3DS local play? Does it save characters on the 3DS even with no game on it?
If so, I may be interested in it for some local multiplayers.

Local play probably needs a 3DS cart, it's not like Wii U will be running 4 games at once.

Oh. That sucks. Mixed it up with download play. Missed opportunity to spread the game.

osed125 said:
curl-6 said:

But isn't it a port of the 3DS version, not the Wii version? Judging from MH4, this could result in some really awful textures when blown up onto a big screen. Tri on Wii a least had pretty good textures, even if it lacked proper shadows. (Speaking of which, shadows in 3G on 3DS look aliased as hell)

Highly doubt Capcom chooses the same art style of MH4, so I don't think you need to worry about that.

I'm just worried about whether the texture and shadow resolution will hold up on a HTDV, if it was designed for the 3DS's small screen.

curl-6 said:
osed125 said:
curl-6 said:

But isn't it a port of the 3DS version, not the Wii version? Judging from MH4, this could result in some really awful textures when blown up onto a big screen. Tri on Wii a least had pretty good textures, even if it lacked proper shadows. (Speaking of which, shadows in 3G on 3DS look aliased as hell)

Highly doubt Capcom chooses the same art style of MH4, so I don't think you need to worry about that.

I'm just worried about whether the texture and shadow resolution will hold up on a HTDV, if it was designed for the 3DS's small screen.

For the Wii U version they will use the MH Tri assets, it wouldn't make sense for the developers to use the MH 3G or MH4 assets, that's why Ultimate will probably look the same as Tri but in 1080p.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I'd love to see a Kid Icarus Uprising up-port for the Wii U with pointer controls (will ease the hand pain) and 1080p graphics and surround sound added like MH3G.

Around the Network

- 4800 yen
- Some work has been done to the graphics outside of just the 1080p upres
- Can move the position of the gamepad screen's panel to the left, right, or middle of the screen. Doesn't look like it takes up the full screen on the gamepad
- The online is split up into 3 different segments: Areas, lobbies, then ports. Areas (2000 players max) are split up into different types. Ex. G rank, high rank, new players, free play, seeking others, etc. Lobbies (100 players max) populate these areas. You can make, or join a port (4 players presumably) once you enter a lobby.
- Can chat using preset messages or write your own
- Kayanpa and ChaCha show up during the save data transfer between Wii U and 3DS

The graphics look a bit bland. 3DS version for me!

kopstudent89 said:

Where have you seen them?

There's some scans around but I can't seem to find them. Must be in some crazy russian hacking site right now.

VicViper said:
kopstudent89 said:

There's some scans around but I can't seem to find them. Must be in some crazy russian hacking site right now.

Oh those pics are the 3DS versions?! Makes more sense!

kopstudent89 said:
VicViper said:
kopstudent89 said:

Oh those pics are the 3DS versions?! Makes more sense!

Those pics are from the Wii version of Tri.