By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, is Resident Evil a Playstation Franchise or an Xbox Franchise, now?

Tagged games:

Resident Evil is most beloved on:

Xbox consoles 26 13.83%

Playstation consoles 110 58.51%

Nintendo got Resident Evil 0 and nobody else 52 27.66%

Total:188

PlayStation and PC since they're the only platforms you can play every mainline game.

I don't like it anymore personally and won't be getting 6.

Around the Network
F0X said:
RE seems to be everything but an Xbox franchise. Main games do best of Sony platforms, and Nintendo nowadays gets a few exclusive spin-offs (one of which, Revelations, has comparable production values to the main series). 360 plays second fiddle to the PS3 and doesn't get any exclusives.

To be fair it's been a long time since Sony got an exclusive entry in the main RE series (not counting stuff like Survivor / Outbreak) at launch.  You'd have to go all the way back to RE3 for that.

In fact since the release of 3, Nintendo has gotten more main entry exclusives in the RE franchise than Sony has... Nintendo got 0 and 4.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

re6 will sell more on ps3 thats a givin just like 5 did that posters were giving me grip about
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=1674211

but re is a MS franchise now b/c its superior performance and graphics (RE5 was its unkown for re6 but should be the same result as its the same engine) and gets dlc first

re has not always been multi the first released for PS, more than a year went by before it was ported to saturn, i believe about a year went by again before they were ported for re 2 and 3

Play Me

Considering the early reviews, could look at RE ending up being mothballed, and thus belonging to nobody's system.

It's a dead franchise to fans of the horror genre.

Around the Network

it will sell better on PS3 and the idea of it being a PS franchise is silly. It doesnt matter how much better it sells on a PS as long as that game is available on another platform, its not a PS franchise. Hell the only game in the main series that was anywhere close to being exclusive to PS was 3 and that would get to GC eventually. Hell the only mainline game that is exclusive is 0 or are we not counting that?

3DS franchise.

I consider it a multiplatform franchise. I doubt any mainline entry is going to go exclusive again. I really do not connect it with any particular platform.

It's not a FPS so PlayStation franchise.

Carl2291 said:
archer9234 said:
Carl2291 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Nintendo franchise?

Needs more than spinoffs to make it a Nintendo franchise.

On the actual topic itself - If were talking main series... Its a PlayStation franchise, in the same way that CoD is an Xbox franchise. A multiplat with a major pull to one console.

Nintendo had every main game up to 4...

Had being the key word.

Can I play RE5 or RE6 on Nintendo platforms?

Can you play Resident Evil Revelations on Sony or Microsoft platforms?

RE is a Nintendo franchise is as much as it is a Sony franchise. Not so much for MS, though, they get the least out of the three. Why people seem to think its still mainly on PS consoles is beyond me. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."