By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, is Resident Evil a Playstation Franchise or an Xbox Franchise, now?

Tagged games:

Resident Evil is most beloved on:

Xbox consoles 26 13.83%

Playstation consoles 110 58.51%

Nintendo got Resident Evil 0 and nobody else 52 27.66%

Total:188
darkknightkryta said:
Nintendo franchise?

Needs more than spinoffs to make it a Nintendo franchise.

On the actual topic itself - If were talking main series... Its a PlayStation franchise, in the same way that CoD is an Xbox franchise. A multiplat with a major pull to one console.

Around the Network

i hope the game sells bad...

it will sell better on Ps3 anyway.

Jdevil3 said:
I'd say it's more a PlayStation franchise because most old fans played the old ones on a PlayStation console and the series got most of it's popularity from PlayStation... just like games like Tekken or Final Fantasy (even though FF started on Nintendo it still feels like a PS franchise and got really popular on PS).

RE6 will probably sell a lot on Xbox 360 during its first months but will have more legs on PS3.

Err, wrong! To you FF feels like a Sony franchise because you were a kid when the game came out on PS or PS2 whatever you played it in. To me it still feels like a Nintendo franchise that was whored out to Sony just cuz that's all SE cares about.

Carl2291 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Nintendo franchise?

On the actual topic itself - If were talking main series... Its a PlayStation franchise, in the same way that CoD is an Xbox franchise. A multiplat with a major pull to one console.

Nintendo had every main game up to 4...

The Xbox has had no exclusive Resident Evil title. Its more whether Resident Evil represents Playstation or Nintendo. Microsoft came wayyyyyy late to the party which is why Capcom only considered them for the archives and not the anthology box set.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
Carl2291 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Nintendo franchise?

Nintendo had every main game up to 4...

Had being the key word.

Can I play RE5 or RE6 on Nintendo platforms?

It's still a Playstation franchise no matter how much timed-exclusive DLC the Xbox 360 gets.
Sales will reflect that.

Soonerman said:
Jdevil3 said:
I'd say it's more a PlayStation franchise because most old fans played the old ones on a PlayStation console and the series got most of it's popularity from PlayStation... just like games like Tekken or Final Fantasy (even though FF started on Nintendo it still feels like a PS franchise and got really popular on PS).

RE6 will probably sell a lot on Xbox 360 during its first months but will have more legs on PS3.

Err, wrong! To you FF feels like a Sony franchise because you were a kid when the game came out on PS or PS2 whatever you played it in. To me it still feels like a Nintendo franchise that was whored out to Sony just cuz that's all SE cares about.

Ahh so it's similiar to how Capcom whored out Monster Hunter to Nintendo then..

Considering which console got the best game this year, I'd say it's a 3DS franchise now.

RE seems to be everything but an Xbox franchise. Main games do best of Sony platforms, and Nintendo nowadays gets a few exclusive spin-offs (one of which, Revelations, has comparable production values to the main series). 360 plays second fiddle to the PS3 and doesn't get any exclusives.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero