By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BBC report on wii u

Kantor said:
Alright, who wants to keep up the argument that the BBC is a reliable and balanced source for news?

Maybe in comparison to Pravda, but even that's a stretch these days.  At least Pravda is open and honest in its bias.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Nintendo rep: The WiiU is a console with double screens.

BBC rep: DS... where have I heard that before? From Vita of course, the double touch-screens!!!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Kantor said:
Alright, who wants to keep up the argument that the BBC is a reliable and balanced source for news?

Nobody keeps up that argument.

It's common knowledge since around 2001-2002 with the Iraq war they have been completely biased, full of shitty little reporters all climbing their way to the top of the bbc looking for their fame.

I think the problem is the reporters, not the editorial. I'm thinking that basically everything that a reporter says on the BBC is so over-cooked, over stressed, like some kind of exaggerated West End performance, it's impossible to put together a report in the cutting room where the reporter isn't using some kind of double meaning on words, or grossly circumflexing the end of words to imply things they darn well fucking shouldn't be implying as impartial employees of the state!

fillet said:
Kantor said:

It's common knowledge since around 2001-2002 with the Iraq war they have been completely biased, full of shitty little reporters all climbing their way to the top of the bbc looking for their fame.

I think the problem is the reporters, not the editorial. I'm thinking that basically everything that a reporter says on the BBC is so over-cooked, over stressed, like some kind of exaggerated West End performance, it's impossible to put together a report in the cutting room where the reporter isn't using some kind of double meaning on words, or grossly circumflexing the end of words to imply things they darn well fucking shouldn't be implying as impartial employees of the state!

Sounds a little like Fox News in the US. But then again they are owned by News Corp so that souldn't be surprising.

Here is a great example of Fox at it finest. Its a little hyberbole but it was close close to what my local (I live near Milwaukee) Fox News is like.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/09

BlkPaladin said:
fillet said:
Kantor said:

Sounds a little like Fox News in the US. But then again they are owned by News Corp so that souldn't be surprising.

Here is a great example of Fox at it finest. Its a little hyberbole but it was close close to what my local (I live near Milwaukee) Fox News is like.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/09

No no, I'm with you on this. Local news round this way on the bbc is similar.

Obviously the agenda is different with the bbc, but the end result is the same. In the case of the bbc local news stations (there's around 20 in the UK for example). There's no limit on the news they discuss, so they will just blabber shit and turn anything into a story - because they can. There's no quality bar set because they have no competition. They have high production values because they have good funding....and just get to it from there.

Shame really, but there we go.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

To be honest the woman could be smarter. Dude: blahblah sony propaganda. She: Well sony sort of did this because they saw the WiiU (it doesnt matter if this is true or not she should have said that) and "the WiiU tablet is bundled with the system you dont need to buy 2 seperate devices that will not even guarantee that developers will use it."

"You remember the NintendoDS were we introduced touchscreens to the gaming world and which even sony copied with their vita? The WiiU is an evolution of this and will allow you to play on 2 screens at the same time as you were able to do with the DS that also introduced this.

You can see what Is going on at the tv and use the gamepad to look around in your room because it can act as a dynamic window into the game world" blah blah.

I would have given him a SONY? IN YOUR FACE reply plus would have asked him if he is working for sony. ;)

Agree with this 100%. I think most forum members on VGChartz could have given a better answer to such a question.