By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from Retro Studios?

Tagged games:

What do you want to see from Retro?

Metroid Prime 4 or some other Metroid title 53 32.72%

The Legend of Zelda 10 6.17%

Star Fox 25 15.43%

F-Zero 10 6.17%

New I.P. 45 27.78%

See results 17 10.49%

Total:160
Spazzy_D said:
 as badly panned as Other M was Anthony Higgs has a surprising fan base. 

Ugh, the guy's nothing more than a walking stereotype.

melbye said:
I want them to do something new, Donkey Kong was a waste of time

I'd say it's one of the best 2D platformers ever made.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Spazzy_D said:

melbye said:

Wrong. It's the best 2.5D platformer ever made.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I want to see them take Zelda from EAD and make a "reboot" of sorts that brings together everything people loved from Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, and just make the best traditional Zelda game they can possibly make. No reason to go back to the drawing board and force "innovation" into the game like motion controls, or unnecessary oceans full of musical notes. Skyward Sword was a very poor result of five years worth of development time. I think there were too many cooks in the kitchen, and the result was a muddled experience.

Now, this isn't going to happen anytime soon. Miyamoto has said as much, implying he'd have to live in Texas even if Retro were to be co-developers of the game. Retro needs Metroid Prime-level autonomy. A supervisor or two who conferences with them every week over video, but not someone to give them orders and force things into the game that need not be.

sperrico87 said:
I want to see them take Zelda from EAD and make a "reboot" of sorts that brings together everything people loved from Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, and just make the best traditional Zelda game they can possibly make. No reason to go back to the drawing board and force "innovation" into the game like motion controls, or unnecessary oceans full of musical notes. Skyward Sword was a very poor result of five years worth of development time. I think there were too many cooks in the kitchen, and the result was a muddled experience.

Now, this isn't going to happen anytime soon. Miyamoto has said as much, implying he'd have to live in Texas even if Retro were to be co-developers of the game. Retro needs Metroid Prime-level autonomy. A supervisor or two who conferences with them every week over video, but not someone to give them orders and force things into the game that need not be.

Each subsequent Metroid Prime game had less and less interference from Nintendo; I'm all for autonomy as a rule, but in this case it works out better when Nintendo has their finger in the pie

If there is ever a developer that could persuade me to fully accept Nintendo as a viable gaming organization, in my own eyes, they once were, it'll be Retro Studios. I implore Nintendo to grant this studio complete creative freedom to fully establish their own personality, and not be subjected only to revive IPs.

Around the Network
pokeclaudel said:
Why do people want them to work on F-zero? It's just a racing game. Why would you waste their talent like that? It like saying you want Naughty Dog to work on Modnation Racers. It doesn't compute to me.

i also wonder   let the same guys at sega do it that made F Zero GX (it was awesome).     I wonder if the same guys are going to make Sega Allstar Racing if yes i will have an eye on that game.

Btw. As much as I wish Retro would make another Metroid game  I would love them to make something new.  Give me some awesome new IP Nintendo needs  epic new IPs    something that stands out and will convince the masses WiiU is worth it.

curl-6 said:
Spazzy_D said:

melbye said:

He was a damn entertaining stereotype and effectively the second best non evil character with a personality in the Metriod franchise.

Ok, really he is the third if you count the baby Metriod but still.

sperrico87 said:

First, I definitely agree about Skyward Sword being somewhat schizophrenic. I got the sense that the development team was unsure which Zelda rituals to uphold and which to discard. Still an amazing, beautiful game.

However, I disagree about Retro working on a Zelda title. I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I love Retro, but I think their talents are better suited toward a franchise in need of a boost, like F-Zero or Star Fox, or a franchise they've already worked with, like Metroid or Donkey Kong.

I am surprised no one mentions Eternal Darkness 2.

FrancisNobleman said:
I am surprised no one mentions Eternal Darkness 2.

I can only speak for myself, but Eternal Darkness always struck me as one of those excellent games that doesn't require a sequel.

Does Nintendo own Eternal Darkness? I've read so many conflicting reports over the years.