By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from Retro Studios?

Tagged games:

What do you want to see from Retro?

Metroid Prime 4 or some other Metroid title 53 32.72%

The Legend of Zelda 10 6.17%

Star Fox 25 15.43%

F-Zero 10 6.17%

New I.P. 45 27.78%

See results 17 10.49%

Total:160

I want Metroid Prime or something but Metroid FPA or even TPA

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Well, as Nintendo currently does not have any Western RPGs, a revival of Raven Blade might be nice. Game looked pretty good (graphically at least) on the Gamecube before Nintendo pulled the plug.

I would also love Retro to make a game set in the Metroid Universe that has NOTHING to do with Samus. They introduced a lot of characters in Hunters, and as badly panned as Other M was Anthony Higgs has a surprising fan base. A Sci Fi shooter using Galactic Federation soldiers might be fun. Make their commanding officer a woman to poke fun at Other M while you're at it.

melbye said:
I want them to do something new, Donkey Kong was a waste of time

Are you insane?  That was my favorite 2D platformer on the Wii.  Yep, even better than NSMB Wii.

That being said, I want a good Metroid game to get the bad taste of Other M out of my mouth.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I voted for Metroid Prime 4 but a new IP aimed at the 'hardcore' audience will also keep me more than happy.

I would be very happy if Retro were to do a reimagining of Zelda, actually.

Dark fantasy - which Zelda is, in a few incarnations - feels more genuine when handled with a western aesthetic, and these guys have some of the best artists in the business.

Not to mention that, properly monitored, they're some of the best in the business and cutting down to the very core of what makes a series appealing (like with Metroid Prime)

Around the Network

A Retro Zelda would be interesting indeed. Another 3D Donkey Kong would be lovely as well. Ugh, there's so much I want them to do...They really need to increase their workforce, or work with 3rd party studios.

Of the choices presented, Star Fox and Zelda are the two I would most like to see them get a handle on.

I think they would do a great original IP but they could easily revive Star Fox a franchise in desperate need of help due to bad decisions by Nintendo itself on how to improve a classic and there would be no higher honor among Nintendo developers then crafting a console or handheld Zelda game and knocking it out the park as they did Nintendo's other franchises they worked with.

Spazzy_D said:

I would also love Retro to make a game set in the Metroid Universe that has NOTHING to do with Samus. They introduced a lot of characters in Hunters, and as badly panned as Other M was Anthony Higgs has a surprising fan base. A Sci Fi shooter using Galactic Federation soldiers might be fun. Make their commanding officer a woman to poke fun at Other M while you're at it.

I agree on this, the federation has always been present in the series but thy have never had the oportunity to shine.

They fight the Pirates, they must have won sometime without the help of Samus. And for those interested, it could be a perfect game to have online with Pirates, soldiers of the federation and bounty hunters.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Some Raven Blade footage for those unfamiliar with the game.  Looks a tad generic, but pretty decent for a cube game.  Would love to see it revisited.

Spazzy_D said:

Some Raven Blade footage for those unfamiliar with the game.  Looks a tad generic, but pretty decent for a cube game.  Would love to see it revisited.

Unlikely. Many key members behind Raven Blade left for Sony Online Entertainment, and Michael Kelbaugh (Retro's head honcho) believes that the game was absolutely awful.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero