By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from Retro Studios?

Tagged games:

What do you want to see from Retro?

Metroid Prime 4 or some other Metroid title 53 32.72%

The Legend of Zelda 10 6.17%

Star Fox 25 15.43%

F-Zero 10 6.17%

New I.P. 45 27.78%

See results 17 10.49%

Total:160
VicViper said:

Retroid

Retro is the key word here:

I just found this picture a few days ago and put it as my wallpaper

Yeah, I wouldn't argue against another Metroid from them

are you saying you want an old school 2d Metroid? I don't know If I'd want that from them; they should probably make something that pushes the evelope graphics wise

Around the Network

Metroid is perfect with the Wii U and Retro the perfect developer to make it. I wonder what kind of new IP they can make though. I want to see a new Nintendo IP that isn't some kind of anthropomorphic animal and Retro is the one developer we all know that can do it.

DieAppleDie said:
First Starfox and then unleash the bomb, Metroid Prime: The death of Samus

Raven Blade. After all of these years, Retro will finally release their masterpiece RPG.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

F-Zero, Starfox, maybe Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, to some extent a new Mother game. A new IP could work, I just hope they have it done or to show this early and release soon in the WiiU cycle. Heck, another Metroid wouldn't hurt either...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

1. A dark, Metroid Prime-style reboot of Starfox on Wii U

2. A Twilight-Princess-esque Zelda game on Wii U

3. Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 on Wii U

I'd really like to see what a western developer would do with the Zelda franchise. It would definitely be a different game.

Also, western starfox.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

I want them to do something new, Donkey Kong was a waste of time

TheKingofRedLions said:

I just found this picture a few days ago and put it as my wallpaper

Yeah, I wouldn't argue against another Metroid from them

are you saying you want an old school 2d Metroid? I don't know If I'd want that from them; they should probably make something that pushes the evelope graphics wise

Yes, a 2D one. Maybe with bits of 3D into it (a la Other M - which I never played, but from my understanding the complains are for the cinematic aspect of the game - which I agree, has no space in metroid). I still prefer a pure 2D Metroid, though.

Graphics can push the envelope in 2D games too... too bad the media hardly acknowledges that (the 3D part of the game can help on that aspect, plus the use of gamepad can create some interesting graphical surprises)