By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your state's/country's embarrassing stereotype?

That all Brits have grating London suburb accents.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
All Austrians use kangaroos instead of cars

There are no kangaroos in Austria, I am sure you meant Australia

we smock cigarettes all day everyday

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
Croatians are dumb and aggressive.

Makes me think. I kinda fit that stereotype.

I thought you were Austrian :O. 

Icelanders live in igloos or something.

Jesus no. I am a Croatian immigrant in Austria.

btw.

All Austrian are pedophiles.

AndrewWK said:
man-bear-pig said:
All Austrians use kangaroos instead of cars

There are no kangaroos in Austria, I am sure you meant Australia

i am sure he said austria because he meant australia

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:

All Canadians smell of urine

I'm Canadian and I've never heard that before. I thought the stereotype was that old people smell of urine.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Everyone drives a Volvo, purchase their stuff at IKEA and all chicks are hot blondes.

It's so very, very embarrassing to be a Swede :)

I'm quite sure that any self-respecting Dane, Finn or Norwegian would have something to add to that list.

OT: There are no embarrassing stereotypes about Finland. Some say that we are taciturn drunkards who live deep in the forest, attack anyone who encroaches on our territory with a splitting axe, and drink hallucinogenic reindeer piss to get stoned. But what the fuck is embarrassing about that?

Korppi said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Everyone drives a Volvo, purchase their stuff at IKEA and all chicks are hot blondes.

It's so very, very embarrassing to be a Swede :)

I'm quite sure that any self-respecting Dane, Finn or Norwegian would have something to add to that list.

What do you have in mind? Viking stuff? :P

.... I'm Canadian, and before I start I want to apologize for my fellow Canadians for skirting our real embarrassing secret. Our horrid stereotype which can never be forgiven....

We our the country that spawned the evil entity known as Justin Bieber.... PLEASE FORGIVE US!!!!!

Faxanadu said:
We are Nazis and / or Hans & Franz.

When grown up all of us  wear either Lederhosen or Dirndl's 

___

since childood all of us play accordion

____

we eat nothing but sauerkraut (sauer means sour but can also mean angry)

THIS IS SAUERKRAUT PIZZA
___

and this (angry kraut) might be the reason why we sound and seem so angry!!!  ACHTUNG! KRRRRIEG!    etc etc..

____

We invented Yodeling as a therapy for aggressivenes.

It might also just be a side effect of all the aggressivenes and we just claim it's therapy because we feel embarrassed.

_____
Germans have no humor

Thats why we ask americans to create funnier versions of German comedians.
___
We all love David Hasselhoff because he unified our country!!!

David Hasselhoff destroying the Berlin wall on his own as seen after his FREEDON concert in Berlin (1989).

____
We constantly say Ze instead of The.

But we only do this to get rid of the now obsolete swastikas (the swastika is made of 2 mirrored Z's)

Danke for reading I hope you learned alot about my country and it's history/culture.