By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your state's/country's embarrassing stereotype?

Us Australians ride Kangaroos to school, which is incredibly false everyone knows emu's provide much better mileage.

Around the Network

germans and austrians are fun loving, sausage eating, beer drinkers. Bring on Oktober Festival.
aussies BBQ their kangaroos, crocodiles and any other
crocodile dundee is the stereotypical aussie. "that's not a knife. this is a knife".
texans are fun loving bourbon drinking, bull riding, lone rangers.
the british invented football/soccer, rugby and cricket and get routinely beaten by other nations.

I'm Welsh and people assume Welsh people are sheep shaggers and that we can all sing really well. I'm sure I also heard that some people thought we didn't have electricity yet...

bananaking21 said:
everybody is always pissed off. everybody has a frown on there face 24/7 and half the people are A-holes. sadly all this is true

LOL, you stole mine, you must be from NY too. Also, people think that NY is just the city.....yes we all live in giant buildings.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

camaro52391 said:
all people from new jersey are guidos, just the fact that show jersey shore exists is really embarassing

B..b..bbbut your avatar is a Camaro. Don't all guidos whip camaros around?

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Player1x3 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

By all means, feel free to elaborate. I would very much like to hear your thoughts on our society (and yes, I am well aware that it's not perfect. Just like every other).

I'll just let this guy do the talk, because im using on screen keyboard and it's 00:41 here

I knew you would bring something like that up, and it's not like I, or anyone else in this country, isn't aware of what's going on. People know that immigrants are more likely to become criminals, and people know that the media often choose to avoid telling the race and/or faith that those criminals claim to live by. They also obviously know that our very first suicide bomber attack (which ultimately failed) was caused by a muslim (something that the media choose to explain in detail). And if people want to know the race of our criminals for whatever reason, there are lots of alternative sources (such as websites). One common thing about those sources is though that their comments contain lots of racism (anyone surprised?). There is one exception though which I visit regularly called "Avpixlat", but they are strongly biased and I don't agree with quite a few things that they say.

And yes, the government have made a few decisions without asking the people what they think (seriously, it would take ages to run a country if the government had to ask the people every time they made a descision), and I admit to not agree with some of them. But this is their second term, so obviously the people like what they are doing.

One proven exception though would be the immigration politics which are "only" supported by slightly less than 50% of the population, while more than 50% opposes it. And the problem is that only one out of eight parties is against those politics, which suggest that we need far more immigrants in our country despite already having received more than what we can handle (as proven by the fact that a few communities need financial support by the government just to make sure that they can afford providing these (often unemployed) indivials with welfare). I am one of the 5,7% who supported that party, but I still disagree with quite a few things that they say and even more with some of their less well-known supporters and their (sometimes) twisted opinions.

And yet, I can't imagine a better place to live in than Sweden. We all (well, almost) have good intentions, even if they sometimes aren't successful. And I can't point out a country that is more open towards sexual-, or religious differences than ours. (Though I guess bordering countries are close or equal.)

its sad that people put Islam as something related to the bad people as being "Muslim" is not the same as following Islam! the guys in the video looks to be a smart guy but don't use the word Muslim and instead use immigrant as its not just Muslim people coming to Sweden!

if people would educate themselves and understand Islam for what it truly is then they would not put every immigrant in the being "Muslim" circle!

I am Muslim myself and live in Sweden and i truly hate immigrant destroying a country that has reached out to help them. I myself think that people who commit crime in a country that supports them should be sent back to their country!

I'm surprised that people who spend lots of time online aren't wiser than the idiots on the streets causing problems around the world who don't know shit about the world!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Spaniard people are mexican bullfighters that eat paella 24/7

BRAZILIANS live either in the AMAZON RAINFOREST (which really BELONGS TO THE U.S.A.) or on the beaches of RIO in either GRASS HUTS or FAVELAS. The only things they care about are CARNIVAL, SAMBA & SOCCER. Their WOMEN are all DARK-SKINNED, BEAUTIFUL, SEXY, EASY to get in bed, with BIG BUTTS and walk around NAKED in public.

Source: http://portaldalinguainglesa.blogspot.com.br/2012/07/gringo-stereotypes-for-brazil-what-do.html

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
BRAZILIANS live either in the AMAZON RAINFOREST (which really BELONGS TO THE U.S.A.) or on the beaches of RIO in either GRASS HUTS or FAVELAS. The only things they care about are CARNIVAL, SAMBA & SOCCER. Their WOMEN are all DARK-SKINNED, BEAUTIFUL, SEXY, EASY to get in bed, with BIG BUTTS and walk around NAKED in public.

Source: http://portaldalinguainglesa.blogspot.com.br/2012/07/gringo-stereotypes-for-brazil-what-do.html

Guilty here. I blame Mike in Brazil.

DieAppleDie said:
Spaniard people are mexican bullfighters that eat paella 24/7

I was unsure about what to say... but pretty much this.

And all the women are flamenco dancers.