By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your state's/country's embarrassing stereotype?

Roma said:

its sad that people put Islam as something related to the bad people as being "Muslim" is not the same as following Islam! the guys in the video looks to be a smart guy but don't use the word Muslim and instead use immigrant as its not just Muslim people coming to Sweden!

if people would educate themselves and understand Islam for what it truly is then they would not put every immigrant in the being "Muslim" circle!

I am Muslim myself and live in Sweden and i truly hate immigrant destroying a country that has reached out to help them. I myself think that people who commit crime in a country that supports them should be sent back to their country!

I'm surprised that people who spend lots of time online aren't wiser than the idiots on the streets causing problems around the world who don't know shit about the world!

Amen, brother

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Player1x3 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

By all means, feel free to elaborate. I would very much like to hear your thoughts on our society (and yes, I am well aware that it's not perfect. Just like every other).

I'll just let this guy do the talk, because im using on screen keyboard and it's 00:41 here

I knew you would bring something like that up, and it's not like I, or anyone else in this country, isn't aware of what's going on. People know that immigrants are more likely to become criminals, and people know that the media often choose to avoid telling the race and/or faith that those criminals claim to live by. They also obviously know that our very first suicide bomber attack (which ultimately failed) was caused by a muslim (something that the media choose to explain in detail). And if people want to know the race of our criminals for whatever reason, there are lots of alternative sources (such as websites). One common thing about those sources is though that their comments contain lots of racism (anyone surprised?). There is one exception though which I visit regularly called "Avpixlat", but they are strongly biased and I don't agree with quite a few things that they say.

And yes, the government have made a few decisions without asking the people what they think (seriously, it would take ages to run a country if the government had to ask the people every time they made a descision), and I admit to not agree with some of them. But this is their second term, so obviously the people like what they are doing.

One proven exception though would be the immigration politics which are "only" supported by slightly less than 50% of the population, while more than 50% opposes it. And the problem is that only one out of eight parties is against those politics, which suggest that we need far more immigrants in our country despite already having received more than what we can handle (as proven by the fact that a few communities need financial support by the government just to make sure that they can afford providing these (often unemployed) indivials with welfare). I am one of the 5,7% who supported that party, but I still disagree with quite a few things that they say and even more with some of their less well-known supporters and their (sometimes) twisted opinions.

And yet, I can't imagine a better place to live in than Sweden. We all (well, almost) have good intentions, even if they sometimes aren't successful. And I can't point out a country that is more open towards sexual-, or religious differences than ours. (Though I guess bordering countries are close or equal.)

You misunderstood my point and the reason why i put that video. The immigrants weren't my point. The swedish cowardice, rejection of their own culture and identity, self loath of their nationally and the complete lack of national pride and heritage (because let's face it, if you had any, you wouldn't be having these immigrant problems) and the insanely ravaging PC madness that is so fucking common among swedish society that will one day completely destroy your country's social structure (which is already a mess). That was my original point, and you proved it right with your first post, last sentence. To put it more simply (and vulgarly) Swedes have no balls to stand up for themselves. It's nothing surprising about that, it's just what happens when The Left is completely dominant in the society. I just find it sad to see a country so successful, with strong heritage, rich history and good people collapse so ridiculously in shame. Oh well, you're not the first, and unfortunately not the last

Well in the USA I'm pretty sure everyone thinks we're fat, which is true.

In the state I live in, I guess we're like the the Jersey Shore lol

Player1x3 said:

You misunderstood my point and the reason why i put that video. The immigrants weren't my point. The swedish cowardice, rejection of their own culture and identity, self loath of their nationally and the complete lack of national pride and heritage (because let's face it, if you had any, you wouldn't be having these immigrant problems) and the insanely ravaging PC madness that is so fucking common among swedish society that will one day completely destroy your country's social structure (which is already a mess). That was my original point, and you proved it right with your first post, last sentence. To put it more simply (and vulgarly) Swedes have no balls to stand up for themselves. It's nothing surprising about that, it's just what happens when The Left is completely dominant in the society. I just find it sad to see a country so successful, with strong heritage, rich history and good people collapse so ridiculously in shame. Oh well, you're not the first, and unfortunately not the last

I can tell from your comment that you don't know shit about Sweden or its people. No one (except the far left, which now are less than 6% of voters) is "ashamed" of their culture, and gladly celebrate all our old traditions. Immigration problems do exist (though the great majority occurs in the south where they've received very high amounts of immigrants), but they won't last forever. The government know that they exist and is actively making reforms to stop things from getting worse (such as severely limiting family reunification immigration and hiring more policemen originating from foreign countries (since it's easier for them to communicate with the criminals-/potential criminals of foreign descent)).

We never ever reject our culture. That's a ridiculous claim (as proven by our recent royal wedding, for instance. Everyone was indeed very proud of being a Swede that day). What we do is that we equal our culture to the different cultures arriving through immigrants, to make them feel more comfortable when they settle down here. Evidently, this is causing problems, and reforms forcing them to assimilate into Swedish culture rather than solely keeping their own are being discussed. But don't pretend that the idea of being able to keep your culture is based on a good cause. Many people called it a failed experiment, and I agree. But it only failed because of a very vocal minority of troublemakers - Keep that in mind.

And in case you actually haven't realized it yet, the last sentence in my very first post was sarcastic.

I'm from NJ, so everyone is a fist pumping, fake orange tanning, gym fanatic guido that loves the "Joisey Shaw". Or somehow connected to or knows someone who's connected to the mob.

And being that NJ is located in the USA, we are all FAT fist pumping fake orange tanning gym fanatic guido mobsters who love the "Joisey Shaw".

Yeah, we've got ALOT of stereotypes lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I ski to work and ride a horse back home; I'm from Colorado.

Us Coloradans also don't like Texans, are being invaded from both California and Mexico, eat every night at Casa Bonita, and love making fun of Kansas. I have no idea what the global community thinks of us though.

toadslayer72 said:
bananaking21 said:
everybody is always pissed off. everybody has a frown on there face 24/7 and half the people are A-holes. sadly all this is true

LOL, you stole mine, you must be from NY too. Also, people think that NY is just the city.....yes we all live in giant buildings.

lmao no i live in jordan!! atleast you got tall buildings there and you know ..... stuff to do. in jordan the most entertaining thing to do is go to a cafe and smoke shisha...... i wish i was in new york!!

JoeTheBro said:
I ski to work and ride a horse back home; I'm from Colorado.

Us Coloradans also don't like Texans, are being invaded from both California and Mexico, eat every night at Casa Bonita, and love making fun of Kansas. I have no idea what the global community thinks of us though.

i would say most people of the global community do not really think something special about guys from colorado. it's like "what is the difference between someone from extremadura or catalonia", most won't have a clue.

toadslayer72 said:
camaro52391 said:
all people from new jersey are guidos, just the fact that show jersey shore exists is really embarassing

B..b..bbbut your avatar is a Camaro. Don't all guidos whip camaros around?

theres another one haha. I think the stereotypical guido drives an infiniti g35, or if they can't afford one they have an altima

People keep thinking New Yorker's always have that over exaggerated accent. And pronounce the word Coffee wrong.