By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Game Pad Battery Life is 3-5 Hours (No USB Charging, AC Cord Only)

VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I was laughing at the battery developers thing, not even touching that glasshouse comment.

I can daydream that Nintendo would be willing to tighten their profit margin to accomodate a better gaming experience on their console!

And that handheld (and smartphone too since we're on the subject) manufacturers were willing to put more money into better batteries. 

Yeah, I feel pity for the poor anonymous battery makers (now I'm picturing them funny too). They probably make the best ones they can - but then here come's apple and doubles the power of their processor and resolution of the screen! They must all go... "damn! back to the lab!"

The problem is this trend will continue for a long time, imo.

I wouldn't blame the battery developers though. Nintendo is the one who choose to use cheap batteries for their products, as of recently.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I was laughing at the battery developers thing, not even touching that glasshouse comment.

I can daydream that Nintendo would be willing to tighten their profit margin to accomodate a better gaming experience on their console!

And that handheld (and smartphone too since we're on the subject) manufacturers were willing to put more money into better batteries. 

Yeah, I feel pity for the poor anonymous battery makers (now I'm picturing them funny too). They probably make the best ones they can - but then here come's apple and doubles the power of their processor and resolution of the screen! They must all go... "damn! back to the lab!"

The problem is this trend will continue for a long time, imo.

I wouldn't blame the battery developers though. Nintendo is the one who choose to use cheap batteries for their products, as of recently.

Are you crazy? No one battery can hold all thatWiiupad power. 

Sucks.

But I don't usually game for more than half an hour at once so.....

I get bored pretty easily.

VicViper said:

If it's like the DS/3DS (which looks like it is) it's quite easy to replace the battery, but not practical, you need a screwdriver. Other than that it's like a cell phone battery.

But the real problem here is where to recharge the battery outside the gamepad, as there's no especific charger for it, so yeah, two gamepads are needed, which is not really a good solution. Maybe down the line there'll be a battery pack, that comes with a charger.

Thanks for the explanation.  That kinda blows, in all honesty.  But I guess I'll tackle that problem when I get to it!

What's the problem? 1 charge and you could finish most games nowadays...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Wait?! No! That's not right. I mean, why should I have to pay for more battery life when I have payed already for the gamepad (which is not actually cheap)?

It's not acceptable, by any way. I believe no big capacity in the HDD is good decision, but this low battery not >:|

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm more interested in knowing the length of the power cord.

I rarely play my 3DS unplugged. The gamepad would can be the same if the cable is long enough.

VicViper said:
I'm more interested in knowing the length of the power cord.

I rarely play my 3DS unplugged. The gamepad would can be the same if the cable is long enough.

I'm guessing it will probally be the length of the 3DS cord, and that is a decent size.

well no problem here as when I'm done playing i will put it on its thingy and if i need to charge it while playing I'll just stick that thing in it and there problem solved!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Fine by me. I can always charge and play simultaneously so the battery life won't bother me much. It'll just be like having my Mac with me on the couch right now. I get about 3 hours before it starts crying for juice, at which point I just plug it in.

No idea why some of you (the usual suspects) are making something out of nothing.