By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Game Pad Battery Life is 3-5 Hours (No USB Charging, AC Cord Only)

M.U.G.E.N said:

well it's a negative bit of info about ninty...must counter some how >_>

Or tell the truth.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:
VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:
We've known this for a while. The 3-5 battery life is kinda disappointing but acceptable.
2.5 hour charge time is NOT acceptable.

Why people don't check if they live in glasshouses before throwing stones

"The approximate charging time for your PS Vita system when using an AC adaptor and the battery has no remaining charge is approximately 2 hours, 40 minutes

You can also charge your system by connecting it to a USB device, such as a computer, using the USB cable. Because USB delivers a small amount of power, this method of charging takes much longer than plugging the PS Vita into an AC outlet."

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=3770

Lol what the hell with this post. I don't even have a Vita. 

But now you can say it's NOT acceptable too.

Or you can do some research and see that most devices have similar charging times. DS and 3DS have a 2-3 hour charging time.

Yeah they hide the fact it takes that long to charge them by allowing you to use them while charging. (ie iPhone/Pod charging while you sync to a computer) They do this to lengthen the batteries life. Quick charging damages the batteries shortening it life.

VicViper said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

well it's a negative bit of info about ninty...must counter some how >_>

Or tell the truth.

or stick to the topic...or actually know this is a controller...not a handheld console...or you know..not jump into defend mode in a split second

The charge time is fine if it stays on for much longer..or vice versa. For a controller this is horrible..but manageable.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

No biggie. It comes with a charging stand that will be where it rests after each play and I rarely have longer than 3hr play sessions. Just not practical in daily life. Then there are many games that wont' need the gamepad. meh.

However it has been known for awhile now. Yes, it is known.

superchunk said:

No biggie. It comes with a charging stand that will be where it rests after each play and I rarely have longer than 3hr play sessions. Just not practical in daily life. Then there are many games that wont' need the gamepad. meh.

However it has been known for awhile now. Yes, it is known.

last time it was more of a rumor wasn't it? :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Looks like the battery on the back is very easy to access too, so third parties should have no problem selling larger battery packs if you simply cannot be bothered to get off your ass for 10 seconds to plug in the AC adapter, lol.

If you want 5-7+ hour battery life, you'll be able to have it. Just put your money where your mouth is.

M.U.G.E.N said:

last time it was more of a rumor wasn't it? :S

No pretty sure it was  direct quote.

Sal.Paradise said:

Ok, ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE ON VITA TOO. No your glasshouse is fine.

And don't be naive, the DS also didn't have a 3-5 battery life. 

It's strange... I'm saying good things about Vita here, as it's not only acceptable, it's standard ... yet, I'm defending Nintendo...

The power consumption won against battery life/charging time. Everything is is not acceptable now then. Complain to the battery developers... but Nintendo or Sony don't have any guilt in this

Okay folks, let's keep this thread focused on the Wii U's GamePad. Nothin' to see here. ^_~

VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Ok, ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE ON VITA TOO. No your glasshouse is fine.

And don't be naive, the DS also didn't have a 3-5 battery life. 

Complain to the battery developers... but Nintendo or Sony don't have any guilt in this

Too busy laughing my ass off here.