By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Game Pad Battery Life is 3-5 Hours (No USB Charging, AC Cord Only)

Meh, the 3DS has made me more than used to play while recharging the 'controller'. No a big deal at all.

On another note: Who doesn't have an AC outlet close to their home consoles???

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
We've known this for a while. The 3-5 battery life is kinda disappointing but acceptable.
2.5 hour charge time is NOT acceptable.

Why people don't check if they live in glasshouses before throwing stones

"The approximate charging time for your PS Vita system when using an AC adaptor and the battery has no remaining charge is approximately 2 hours, 40 minutes

You can also charge your system by connecting it to a USB device, such as a computer, using the USB cable. Because USB delivers a small amount of power, this method of charging takes much longer than plugging the PS Vita into an AC outlet."

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=3770

yeah it sucks, buying it anyways, just need to keep it on the charger I guess, wish it lasted as long as my PS3 controller though lol.

I really don't see the problem. You can charge it while you play, plus I usually keep wireless controller plugged in during gaming sessions, it sucks to have them die while you are playing.

VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:
We've known this for a while. The 3-5 battery life is kinda disappointing but acceptable.

"The approximate charging time for your PS Vita system when using an AC adaptor and the battery has no remaining charge is approximately 2 hours, 40 minutes

You can also charge your system by connecting it to a USB device, such as a computer, using the USB cable. Because USB delivers a small amount of power, this method of charging takes much longer than plugging the PS Vita into an AC outlet."

Lol what the hell with this post. I don't even have a Vita. 

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:

well it's a negative bit of info about ninty...must counter some how >_>

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I view it as OK.

You have to be one seriously lazy mofo not to be able to hit pause and take 10 seconds to plug in AC power for it to recharge.

I'm sure like the 3DS there probably will battery add-ons for people who really must have 5-7 hours.

no big deal really, just play with the power cord in. Its not exactly gonna get in the way.

Sal.Paradise said:
VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:

But now you can say it's NOT acceptable too.

Or you can do some research and see that most devices have similar charging times. DS and 3DS have a 2-3 hour charging time.

VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:
VicViper said:
Sal.Paradise said:

But now you can say it's NOT acceptable too.

Or you can do some research and see that most devices have similar charging times. DS and 3DS have a 2-3 hour charging time.

Ok, ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE ON VITA TOO. Now your glasshouse is fine.

And don't be naive, the DS also didn't have a 3-5 battery life.