By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [TGS] PlayStation 3 SLIM v2.0 CONFIRMED [9/25 NA Release]

Oh well I gues I'll just buy a $60 Blu ray player for the bedroom. I can't justify this big of an expence for a 2nd PS3 that would get mainly (though not only) used for movies. If the 12GB was $179 as rumoured I could have swung it, maybe.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

So bigger hard drive, and slimmer for the same price. That's cool I guess.

The original fat is by far the best looking model; sleek, shiny, and classy. This new one looks better than the original slim, but still a little cheap.

Why don't they ever announce the prices in pounds?! Is it really that fucking difficult?!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

BenVTrigger said:
Sony actually made the right call here by not cutting price and sacrificing potential marketshare in order to increase profits. As a business a price cut really didnt make too much sense.

Though I think its clear MS will outsell PS3 considerably this holiday

Unlikely, PS3 will more than likely outsell the XBOX 360 this holiday season..

mM
Around the Network

I don't think it's bad looking at all. And I am really intrigued by that flash memory model.
Is it worth it buying that and adding in another hard drive for storage(if you can)? I'm thinking it might, since large capacity SSD is expensive and you can't have both on other models.

Ugly IMO.

I still like the fat PS3 most. It looks powerful. This one looks cheap.
Glad Sony did not cut the price. First wise decision since 2004.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

ithis said:
I don't think it's bad looking at all. And I am really intrigued by that flash memory model.
Is it worth it buying that and adding in another hard drive for storage(if you can)? I'm thinking it might, since large capacity SSD is expensive and you can't have both on other models.

If you are in EU, the 500gb model is 70euros more. So search around for how much a compatible HDD will cost you and decide. Though, I'd say take any bundles into consideration. If there is a decent 500gb bundle for the same 299euro price, it might be worth it if the 12gb model doesn't have a bundle to counter it.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

That Assasins Creed 3 bundle looks very good.

I actually like how the new ps3 looks. I'll definitely me buying one of these for university :)

Those bundles should sell really well too. I also agree with Sony for not cutting the price. The ps3 has outsold its competitors every week this year at that price, and a price cut would just cut their profits, which would not be a good thing.