By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [TGS] PlayStation 3 SLIM v2.0 CONFIRMED [9/25 NA Release]

Seeing as how the original slim with a price cut worked wonders, a similar move could have been a sure bet for staggering the Wii U this holiday.

I guess Sony's not in the best position to cut profit margins at the moment though.

Around the Network

No price drop? whats the point of this? actually this costs $10 more than the current slim. Sorry if im missing something please correct me if im wrong this doesn't seem right.

NobleTeam360 said:
No price drop? whats the point of this? actually this costs $10 more than the current slim. Sorry if im missing something please correct me if im wrong this doesn't seem right.

A lot of people will buy it for the new form factor even if it costs more.

CGI-Quality said:
leo-j said:
WOAH this is going to sell like crack!

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/systems/assassin-s-creed-bundle.html

500GB ASCIII bundle with super slim ps3 for $299

Actually not a bad deal!

You only save $10 bucks not a bad deal but not a good one either. 

CGI-Quality said:
curl-6 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

A lot of people will buy it for the new form factor even if it costs more.

It doesn't really cost more, though. Right now, both versions (250GB / 500GB) are bundled with software and / or PS+.

Ah, so it's the old strategy of "hide a price cut through bundling." Given that PS3 sales are relatively healthy even now, I see this being a big hit over the holidays, perhaps even enough to challenge the Wii U. (A price cut could surely have done so)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:
CGI-Quality said:
leo-j said:

Actually not a bad deal!

Only save $10 on what? You'd be getting a bigger HDD, game, and PS+ for no extra cost vs a 320GB $299.99 current system.

I would hope after a slim model comes out that it would have more HDD at least that has been the pattern for this generation. AC3 is 60 seperatly so 250 + 60 is 310 vs the 300 you pay for the game and the system. How many months of PS+ you get with this bundle?

1 month.. of PS plus, a 500GB PS3 slim, and AC III for $299

mM
CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:
CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:
CGI-Quality said:
leo-j said:

Actually not a bad deal!

Only save $10 on what? You'd be getting a bigger HDD, game, and PS+ for no extra cost vs a 320GB $299.99 current system.

I would hope after a slim model comes out that it would have more HDD at least that has been the pattern for this generation. AC3 is 60 seperatly so 250 + 60 is 310 vs the 300 you pay for the game and the system. How many months of PS+ you get with this bundle?

30 Days of PS+. And the original 360S didn't get a HDD upgrade. That didn't happen until the following year (just for clarification). Point is - the price hasn't gone up.

It didn't? but doesn't it cost $269 instead of the current $250? 

$269 for a 250GB PS3 with UNCH 3, DUST content, 1 month ps plus

yes the initial price did go up, but the amount of value has gone up drasticly

mM

So a price increase? Not what I expected.

I was wondering what MS might do to compete this holiday. I think the answer is nothing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)