Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the Wii U reach 100 million sales and repeat the success of the Wii?

Can the Wii U sell 100 million consoles?

Yes, easily. More like 120 million! 51 14.87%

Yes, just reach the elusive milestone. 39 11.37%

Maybe. Too early to call! 127 37.03%

No chance it will reach 100 million! 126 36.73%

Total:343

i think the wii u is going to do an xbox 360. release first and sell decently until one of the other 2 come out with something really special and dominate. will it be microsoft or sony?

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
i think the wii u is going to do an xbox 360. release first and sell decently until one of the other 2 come out with something really special and dominate. will it be microsoft or sony?

So by the end of 2014, either the PS4 or 720 should be ahead of the WiiU. Since the Wii  pasted the 360 by the end of 2007. I think you are going to be very disappointed lol.

I voted for "Maybe".

I honestly believe has already set itself for doing really well this generation. HD, Internet play were a game changer (specially for MS) and this time that won`t be as impactful this generation. So what does Nintendo do? Tablet like controller, MiiVerse and TVii! Not only that, but is already getting good support from big 3rd parties and smaller ones (eshop). Add to this small developers the recent announcment of Unity engine for Wii U and you get an open door for those games and gamers from the phone/tablet segment.

Not only that but Nintendo lets play your Wii games and use your Wii controllers on Wii U - to get people less worried about making a big investment again.

Nintendo is already bringing a lot to the table this generation. The question is: what MS and Sony bring that is new?

I predict that Wii U will fail.