By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U will sell under 40 million units

40m seems quite optimistic. How can it sell more than GC and N64? Those two had solid 3rd party support while WiiU has barely any.

Around the Network

I say less than 30mil.

It all depends on the performance of the 2014 lineup imo. It is looking less than 30mil at the moment though.

ryuzaki57 said:
40m seems quite optimistic. How can it sell more than GC and N64? Those two had solid 3rd party support while WiiU has barely any.

Bare in mind that I made this thread before the Wii U was even released

ArmGunar said:
Nice prediction, I agree

Too late to jump on the bandwagon now!

Around the Network
MegaManX said:
happydolphin said:
man-bear-pig said:
the_dengle said:
I agree, no way can Wii U sell 40 mil in Japan. Not even Monster Hunter can do that. 30 mil in Japan at most. Definitely not more than 35 mil. Maybe, absolutely not more than 37 mil in Japan alone, no ifs ands or buts.

Wut?

He's basically saying that it will destroy your prediction considering it will sell about the number you predicted in Japan alone. And I agree with him. As someone else put it, for japan, this is like the most deadly "handheld" ever made.

My prediction for the WiiU is 150M.

I LOL'ed so hard at this one, had to quote before it gets edited or something.

So now we know the real reason why he abandoned his happydolphin account... :o

man-bear-pig said:

I actually had 8 giant bullet-points typed out to explain my prediction, but for some reason the page re-loaded and the text disappeared. I'm not gonna type it again damn it!!

Anyway, I'll bump this thread in 10 years.

In the meantime..do you agree? do you disagree? If you have any questions, fire away.

You forgot to add a 2 to the Hundred Millions column, man-bear-pig.

That should read 240 million not 40 million.
TWO hundred and forty million not forty million.

See the following for more details.
UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

man-bear-pig said:
ArmGunar said:
Nice prediction, I agree

Too late to jump on the bandwagon now!

Yeah but I didn't see this thread before otherwise I would say the same thing ^^

What hurt the Wii U most was PS360, cheaper price, huge game library and similar performance. BIG MISTAKE for Nintendo to not take advantage of the 1 yr headstart, as the sole, true next gen system (performance wise). It made those eager PS360 gamers (not all fans are equal...not all 150 mil+ ps360 gamers are loyal to sony or ms brands) eager to move on, wait even longer for true next gen systems. Gigantic mistake, could not be said enough.

However I don't think Wii U will fail. In fact, I think it could be their longest console on the market, at least as long as Wii if not longer. Its obvious with such a weak machine, Ninty doesn't truly give a **** about third party, so they will support it themselves. New releases, 3DS upgrades, gamecube & wii remakes, eshop indies..the U will have good software support. 2014 will be huge. They will hit 15 mil ltd by Jan. '15, Mario Kart and Smash will be monster console movers next yr. Zelda U & Metroid by fall/holiday '15, then an epic 3D mario for '16. Wii U will cruise to 30 mil easily by '17, when they introduce their 3rd pillar system (mobile/home console). But Wii U I believe will be supported easily through '18 and longer. Could very well be their last traditional home console. Wii U will reach 40 mil ltd no problem, and I stick by my first prediction (at least half of Wii sales, or around 50 mil ltd).

Well, I'll leave my prediction here for future bumps.

I expect it to do keep doing similarly and I think the successor will release in 2016 tops.

LTD: 16m

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.