By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 is NOT a WiiU exclusive and here's why!

ryuzaki57 said:

Well, that was the 2012 theory. I've gathered more intel since and wrote a second article

http://ryuz4ki57inenglish.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/as-expected-bayonetta-2-is-a-huge-flop-on-wiiu/

Writing a whole blog article just to complain about a game not coming to your favourite system? Seriously? 

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Nem said:

SEGA owns the franchise. That means they can make how many Bayonetta games as they want (wich apparantly they dont want anyways), but the code of Bayonetta 2 belongs to Nintendo. Nintendo payed for it.
So, no. SEGA cant make a Bayonetta 2 sigma or whatever, because they have no rights to the code of Bayonetta 2, they only have rights to the brand. This means they would have to develop a new game from scratch, wich was what they didnt want to do in the first place, or Nintendo would have to be willing to sell them the original code.

Things like "changing a pixel" wont roll. A game is a set of code. Just because you change a pixel, 99% of the code is still the same. SEGA could try and do that, but it would not only ruin their good relations with Nintendo as it would end with a lawsuit in wich they would have to compensate Nintendo for it.

Well, that was the 2012 theory. I've gathered more intel since and wrote a second article

http://ryuz4ki57inenglish.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/as-expected-bayonetta-2-is-a-huge-flop-on-wiiu/

The most important thing is linked to what you said : It's OK if Sega decides to make develop its own code of Bayo 2, we agree on this? It so happens that Kamiya revealed that Bayo 2 development was stopped while the project had already advanced on other platforms. in others words, there are work-in-progress versions of Bayonetta 2 in PG's hard disks, that belong to Sega. All Sega has to do is tell PG to take those versions again and to finish developing them. This is a possibilty no one can deny.

Sigh, you just refuse to understand how Intelectual Property Laws work don't you?  Fine, whatever lets you sleep (and dream) at night.

Where is that picture of the Wii U guy posing with the 2 Bayonettas and the 2 guys crying and raging? That pretty much sums up this whole thread.

bunchanumbers said:
Where is that picture of the Wii U guy posing with the 2 Bayonettas and the 2 guys crying and raging? That pretty much sums up this whole thread.

Here, you're welcome! )

ryuzaki57 said:
Nem said:

SEGA owns the franchise. That means they can make how many Bayonetta games as they want (wich apparantly they dont want anyways), but the code of Bayonetta 2 belongs to Nintendo. Nintendo payed for it.
So, no. SEGA cant make a Bayonetta 2 sigma or whatever, because they have no rights to the code of Bayonetta 2, they only have rights to the brand. This means they would have to develop a new game from scratch, wich was what they didnt want to do in the first place, or Nintendo would have to be willing to sell them the original code.

Things like "changing a pixel" wont roll. A game is a set of code. Just because you change a pixel, 99% of the code is still the same. SEGA could try and do that, but it would not only ruin their good relations with Nintendo as it would end with a lawsuit in wich they would have to compensate Nintendo for it.

The most important thing is linked to what you said : It's OK if Sega decides to make develop its own code of Bayo 2, we agree on this? It so happens that Kamiya revealed that Bayo 2 development was stopped while the project had already advanced on other platforms. in others words, there are work-in-progress versions of Bayonetta 2 in PG's hard disks, that belong to Sega. All Sega has to do is tell PG to take those versions again and to finish developing them. This is a possibilty no one can deny.

Oh brother... first of all, Bayo 2 wasnt a flop on the Wii U. It sold more so far than the first game did on the ps3 or the 360. Platinum got payed for it. You can speculate wether Nintendo is happy or not with the sales, but they were pretty happy with Hyrule warriors.

These very unfinished versions of Bayo 2 for other consoles cant just be finished adding any of the content from Bayo 2. So, bayo 2 can never happen on those consoles unless Nintendo wills it so. Sega refused to finance the game in the first place for those consoles. So, why would they pay now when development has to be resumed from scratch? Let it go. It really isnt gonna happen. The game belongs to Nintendo, without whom i might add, the game wouldnt even exist.

Around the Network

I love that this ridiculous thread is now on page 24. Some people just won't let the dream die... As a Nintendo fan, I have to respect that - even if it is a little sad.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

Just buy the next wiiU bayonetta 2 bundle...and you'll be fine.

Switch!!!

I think you should read what sega said again.
I think if the company who owns the trademark says its an exclusive then its probably an exclusive.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)