By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 is NOT a WiiU exclusive and here's why!

It can happen, unlikely but it can if we consider what happen with mass effect 1, that being said, it's not going to happen anytime soon so if it ever comes out, nobody would care about it.

Around the Network

Haha.

Wrong.

WiiU's aren't that expensive, and you can find a lot of good deals on them. If you want bayonetta 2 so badly then just go out and buy on, there are a lot of good exclusives, and it will give you something to do while you are waiting for those amazing sony exclusives that everyone keeps saying will come out eventually.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
The denial is strong with this one

Who made that gif is a genius.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The guy still doesn't get that the game was done with Nintendo money, and that is why it won't be released for other plataforms, unless they pay Nintendo, or do a deal to create another Game for them, and get the bless to release it in other plataform.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:

It's 3:00 am here but I can't sleep because I got such a brilliant idea while thinking about this whole Bayonetta 2 case.

Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo so it almost surely will never be ported to another system BUT Sega still owns the Bayonetta trademark, which means they only grant license to Nintendo and PG to make Bayonetta 2. It also means that Sega can decide to release another Bayonetta game ANYTIME.

Here's what happens : Sega knocks at Platinum Game's door and says "ok guys I know you're losing millions with that WiiU only Bayonetta 2. Here's what we do : we develop a Bayonetta Σ2/2'/ 2 complete edition or whatever on PS3/360 and we change that pixel here so we get A DIFFERENT GAME from the one Nintendo published, thus plainly legitimate juridically speaking". Needless to say, such a scheme would drive the game's profitability significantly up, which would be extremely beneficial to Platinum Games.   

So what do you think of my evil plan, which I've already submitted to Sega?

First, I think you're wrong since Nintendo funded Bayo2 thus losing money would fall on Nintendo, not P*.

Second, do you have any insight into contractual agreements between Nintendo and Sega? The devil is in the details. If you don't, here's the face I'm making right now:

Wonktonodi said:
Most interesting thing for me is all the people who mentioned mass effect 1 as a reason it would never happen. Just a few months before it came to the ps3

Very true, but Ninty has the final say because they are the reason the game exists. Microsoft just published the 360 ported version of Mass Effect, not the PC version. If MS actually funded Mass Effect into existence then they would've had more rights, but once EA bought BIoware the contract between the two was voided.

I love old threads.

An evil plan indeed.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dulfite said:
Bayo 2 (imo) will go on to sell 1mil LTD which should be more than enough to be profitable. If you make a game that can't reach profit unless it hits 1mil or more then you are probably crazy unless it's an mmo lol.

Bayonetta sold more than that and wasn't considered profitable. Nintendo is taking the dive for this game.

That was also developed for two systems and was probably advertised a lot (something Nintendo doesn't spend much on). Also, development wouldn't cost as much do to the engine and graphics being relatively old and cheap.