By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 is NOT a WiiU exclusive and here's why!

drake_tolu said:
At the end, was a Wii U exclusive...

Not so fast! If Sega is holding back PS4/X1 versions, they probably agreed with Nintendo not to show them before the holidays are over, like what happened with Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
drake_tolu said:

Not so fast! If Sega is holding back PS4/X1 versions, they probably agreed with Nintendo not to show them before the holidays are over, like what happened with Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge.

Keep fighting the good fight, ryuzaki

Platinum said its up to Nintendo whether it goes to other consoles. They have the publishing rights.

ryuzaki57 said:

Here's what happens : Sega knocks at Platinum Game's door and says "ok guys I know you're losing millions with that WiiU only Bayonetta 2.  ...

Only they didn't loose a cent since nintendo funded the thing.

They didn't loose anything from developing it because it wasn't platinums money that was used. (not from the start, never)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

ryuzaki57 said:
drake_tolu said:

Nope. Nintendo only published those games on some regions. My friend has a Japanese copy, and it was published by Koei. This is more like a Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes situation, where the publisher payed the owners of the IP the rights to make a game out of their IP. Plus, Nintendo would sue Sega if they did that, and they'd be dead.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Just let it go....

Bayo 2 (imo) will go on to sell 1mil LTD which should be more than enough to be profitable. If you make a game that can't reach profit unless it hits 1mil or more then you are probably crazy unless it's an mmo lol.

ryuzaki57 said:
drake_tolu said:

Seriously let it go.... (NG3 Razor Edge totally different scenario)

Look, its not gona happen ok?

SEGA owns the franchise. That means they can make how many Bayonetta games as they want (wich apparantly they dont want anyways), but the code of Bayonetta 2 belongs to Nintendo. Nintendo payed for it.
So, no. SEGA cant make a Bayonetta 2 sigma or whatever, because they have no rights to the code of Bayonetta 2, they only have rights to the brand. This means they would have to develop a new game from scratch, wich was what they didnt want to do in the first place, or Nintendo would have to be willing to sell them the original code.

Things like "changing a pixel" wont roll. A game is a set of code. Just because you change a pixel, 99% of the code is still the same. SEGA could try and do that, but it would not only ruin their good relations with Nintendo as it would end with a lawsuit in wich they would have to compensate Nintendo for it.

I hope this clears it up. I think its way past time to accept this...

Erm... nvm i just noticed this was a necro. :/

Who knows...maybe seven years later from now, Sega puts Bayo2 on Steam, just like they did with Valkyria Chronicles for some reason