By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh boy , IGN is doing another TOP 100 list - TOP 100 RPGS ALL TIME

Tagged games:

do you like this top 100 bs?

no 74 53.24%

yes 46 33.09%

results 18 12.95%

Total:138

hmm it was just 100-81
Oh well, I'll have to torture myself more when they release the other parts.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Well, I plan on buying hard copies of FF8 and FF9 soon. I haven't played them yet, but apparently not as many people like them?

Some of the games in #80-100 are too low >_> It will probably be a bunch of overrated games at the top.

I'm most surprised about P4 as well. I am not very far into it (want to complete it soon so I can move onto P4 Arena sometime) but it still ranks in some of my top RPGs I have played.

Also, KH is only 84!! Screw this list!! Hopefully they will place KHII far higher than KH, preferably in the top 10 where it belongs with TWEWY but I highly doubt either will make it that high.

If skyrim is number one then this is an obvious bad list.

FF XIII should be number one.

Fable 2 higher than Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 higher than Legend of Dragoon.

Legend of Dragoon higher than Final Fantasy VIII.

Yeah, I'm done with this list.

Around the Network
Crono141 said:

To be fair,  FF6 is better than FF7.

*dons flame retardant suit*

NO NO NO!

*loads flamethrower*

TheKoreanGuy said:
Well, I plan on buying hard copies of FF8 and FF9 soon. I haven't played them yet, but apparently not as many people like them?

Some of the games in #80-100 are too low >_> It will probably be a bunch of overrated games at the top.

To give my point of view. FFVIII tries to one up FFVII by kicking the artsyness and abstraction (in the gameplay system) into overdrive, to the point where if you want to use items during battle, you'll need a giant monster (I mean Guardian Force) equipped (I mean Junctioned) to the character who is to use items.

That's what really got to me, but otherwise people (including me) also have problems with the draw magic system (that isn't explained in the slightest in the lore) and the story.

I LOVE ICELAND!

People are STILL getting angry over top 100 lists?

Just know your top 100 list would get just as much hate as no-ones will be the same...and it shouldn't be!

/end reasonableness

DIE IGN DIE...YOU IZZ HAWRIBLLE..WAI NO ENUF JAY ARE PE JEEEEEZZZZ!!!!!111

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Cue RPG related anything where the list is advertised heavily with FFVII memorabilia but when you open the list the game is put far behind countless RPGs that damn sure do not deserve to be in front of it. UHG!!!

I just find it super annoying that they use FFVII stuff(see Aeris images in the article) to draw in readers and always rob the game blind of it's spotlight. If FFVII is not at least in the top 5 the list automatically become void. And If I see one more article trying to peddle FFVI as somehow way better than VII I will be sick.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

NintendoPie said:
If skyrim is number one then this is an obvious bad list.

FF XIII should be number one.

This is why ninpie is my best friend

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey