By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh boy , IGN is doing another TOP 100 list - TOP 100 RPGS ALL TIME

Tagged games:

do you like this top 100 bs?

no 74 53.24%

yes 46 33.09%

results 18 12.95%

Total:138

Pokemon better be on the list.

Around the Network

Bad bad IGN.

I hope their writers are tormented by glimpses of smiling bears everytime they move their eyes around.

Soleron said:
Pokemon better be on the list.

I can sense its presence... the force is strong with that franchise.

I've gotten a super sneak peek (!!!) of the list, and I can confirm that the top 10 will be the following.

10. Pokemon Platinum
9. Pokemon Crystal
8. Pokemon Yellow
7. Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
6. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
5. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
4. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
3. Pokemon Gold/Silver
2. Pokemon Black/White
1. Pokemon Red/Blue

I honestly can't disagree with that.

Im not going through those few games.

Im gonna make a few predictions - Baldur's Gate 2 will take its rightful place at the top. Planescape: Torment will be in the top 10.

Suikoden 2 will be overlooked, but will be in the top 50.

Mass Effect 2 and Skyrim will be there, because its IGN.

Ii like top 100s

It doesnt mean ill agree with the order there put down or even with all the entries being there, but people wouldnt agree with mine either or yours, but i still like them. I like to see other peoples opinions and also to see the games id of put in there aswell. I'm looking forward to seeing what there top 10 is.

I'd like to see trails in the sky in there, much deserved.

Infact we should all see who can get the most games right in there top 10 :)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Im not going through those few games.

Im gonna make a few predictions - Baldur's Gate 2 will take its rightful place at the top. Planescape: Torment will be in the top 10.

Suikoden 2 will be overlooked, but will be in the top 50.

Mass Effect 2 and Skyrim will be there, because its IGN.

I actually the position of these two games will be reversed.

Also, Vagrant Story is at 94?  This is a shit list to me. I have no faith DQ5 would make this list either.

EDIT: DQ7 is 81? ok...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Baladur's Gate 1&2 better be on there, as well as Shining Force 1&2!

Top 10 will probably look like (in no particular order)

Skyrim
FF VII
Mass Effect 2
Baldur's Gate 2
LoZ: Ocarina of Time
Chrono Trigger
Some Pokemon game
Diablo 2
FF III
Fallout 3

Unless of course they aren't including PC games.

Everyone knows these stupid lists are just opinions of a few at IGN so why bother getting mad over it?

The top selling games every month, every year, for the PS1 have always been FF7, FF8, and FF9 for more than a DECADE now, this is is what really tells you what games are the best. Never forgotten.

The PS2 is following suite, with FF10, FF12, and Kingdom Hearts ALWAYS in the top ten for years now. These are the games that transcend time.

pezus said:
I'm more surprised about Persona 4...There are seriously 89 better RPGs out there? I am willing to bet Dragon Age II will be on the list. Ugh

That's my biggest surprise so far, but oh well.  I'll just keep a watch to see where Earthbound ends up now.  

BasilZero said:

I wonder if they'll include Seiken Densetsu 3 or Terranigma...oh nope..no they wont since its IGN.

Seiken Densetsu 3 was probably one of the most epic games I ever emulated (yay fan translations!)

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.