By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Let's discuss 2012 Music

Let's talk about the albums that were/are/will be released in 2012. The ones you liked, the ones you hated, the ones that surprised you or disappointed you.

So far, I've been somehow disappointed in almost every album I was anticipating. But I'll talk about them later!

I'll start with what I enjoyed:

I discovered Beach House by chance and I loved some of the songs on the album, Myth Being one of them.

Share what you enjoyed in 2012, even if it's Justing Bebier . I love his Mistletoe song!

NB:

Why 2012 only? Because each time a music thread is made it turns into a massive spamming session, and this is normal because each one of us has a music library that has thousands of songs accumulated over the years, so our sharing options are plenty, which isn't bad but for those who want to explore new music and not just share it, the process becomes exhausting. Limiting it to one year may yield better results.

Around the Network

wrong thread -edit

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I agree with Pezus, Gangnam Style has changed the world forever!

But, I really (REALLLLLLLYYY!) like BoA's new album(Only One)!KARA's new album (Pandora) is also really good.

NiKKoM said:

Darksiders II (360, PS3, PC)**
New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)**
NCAA Football 13 (360, PS3)
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)
Sleeping Dogs (360, PS3)
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (360, PS3)
Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)**
Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC)**
The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, Wii)

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/09/06/darksiders-ii-leads-august-sales.aspx

What the...

man-bear-pig said:

What the...

I know.. wrong thread... npd

Around the Network

Owl City decided that he'd give up his style and only do collabs with Carly Rae Jepsen (His "TMS" album might as well be).

Now it's generic radio pop like everything else. Completely missing his synth instrumentals or variation past about 1 minute.

but anyway... surprised by the Smashing Pumpkins new album, bit let down by Bloc Party album called Four.. nice surprise from Regina Spektor.. liked Norah Jones little broken hearts, Lana Del Rey, Born To Die could have been stronger IMO.. best album so far goes to El-P with Cancer For Cure

Soleron said:

Owl City decided that he'd give up his style and only do collabs with Carly Rae Jepsen.

Now it's generic radio pop like everything else. Completely missing his synth instrumentals or variation past about 1 minute.

That songs catchy! (Though CRJ's voice seems awkward outside of Call Me Maybe...)

NintendoPie said:
Soleron said:

Owl City decided that he'd give up his style and only do collabs with Carly Rae Jepsen.

That songs catchy! (Though CRJ's voice seems awkward outside of Call Me Maybe...)

When the chorus is, na na na na, the song has no meaning. Yes it's catchy but I can't picture anything -> no emotional impact. The rest of his album is worse than that because it's not catchy, it's just trying too hard to get radioplay.

spurgeonryan said:
I seem to really be enjoying 2011-2012 pop music. I have no idea what any of the names are because I only hear them on the radio and change stations when they go to breaks.

Rhianna
Keshia ( New album coming this year)
Pit Bull
Probably 90 percent of the pop songs on these days is music that I enjoy. Adele is another one, Katey perry, Niki Minaj ( too an extent) and more.

Enjoyed some songs of the original. Animal is my favourite, definitely waiting for the second one!