By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hatsune Miku sales prove VITA is a potential goldmine!

Vita will do amazing next yer

ofcourse 49 37.69%

only if they follow advice in OP 29 22.31%

different opinion wich I ... 52 40.00%

Total:130
z101 said:
Turkish said:

160k sold in the first few days!

50k VITAs sold!

This proves that there is MASSIVE potential with the VITA! It certainly is not dead, it just need the right games and a good price.

TGS should bring us many more Vita games, possibly a new Monster Hunter and FFX HD releasedate at the end of the year or early next year. Itwill do wonders for VITA.

Next year is where VITA will truly shine though, it will get its first pricecut, 2nd year games and ofcourse, a revision of the Vita hardware.

The Hatsuna Mika sales are disappointing. The sales boost of the vita is ok, but I don't think it will last long.

I think the low sales of Hatsuna Mika will turn away many developers from the Vita and a 3DS version of this game is surely on its way.

Cool yourself. Considering the week before had the Vita below 10k and this week it is at 50k shows the system has life in it. Plus Miku sold 160k on a userbase of a little more than 850k and who knows how well this game will sell in the long run on the PlayStation Store. I would believe that overall the first week could be over 200k including the digital sales of the game.

This is one of the best weeks the Vita has had and appears to be a turning point. Persona 4 and Miku J have shown it just comes down to the software available.

Around the Network

Tridrakious said:

Cool yourself. Considering the week before had the Vita below 10k and this week it is at 50k shows the system has life in it. Plus Miku sold 160k on a userbase of a little more than 850k and who knows how well this game will sell in the long run on the PlayStation Store. I would believe that overall the first week could be over 200k including the digital sales of the game.

This is one of the best weeks the Vita has had and appears to be a turning point. Persona 4 and Miku J have shown it just comes down to the software available.

15k on psn. Also P4 and miku have an already stablished niche fanbase, so you are right it depends on software but like p4g, it's no turning point yet, it still has to show it can stabilize itself around those numbers something that muight not happen with the current japanese line up for this year and to how small legs miku games have. It will loose its momentum im afraid.

Turkish said:
Soriku said:
Turkish said:
FFX HD= Vita will be saved trust me, it needs to release in the next 6 months.

SE would have to pull out a miracle (maybe two miracles) if they were to get FF X HD out in the next 6 months. They literally said "no comment" when asked about it at the FF 25th anniversary event. Just an incompetent company.

Anyway, the Vita definitely has sales potential, but Miku is the only Vita game in the top 30 in Famitsu. That doesn't really look very optomistic in terms of long-term sales and it might just mean that Miku fans just bought a Vita for the game only to sell it later. We'll see next week.

Also, what MH on the Vita? The 3DS has MH4 and it's not going to be on the Vita...so what exactly are you expecting? People keep saying this but never go into specifics. I'm genuinely curious as to what MH game you guys are dreaming of. Elaborate please.

Just because 3DS gets MH4 doesn't mean Vita wont get a MH. It definetly will get a MH, the series got big on its older brother. TGS will surely bring us many Japanese support.

And Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest got big on the NES and SNES. Didn't stop the series from changing boats.

Love and tolerate.

I don't think FFX HD will do much since it will also be on PS3.

The numbers are solid, it really will boil down to the games. I'm hoping LBP, AC3 and CoD give it a boost in the west but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Andrespetmonkey said:

"it just need the right games and a good price" 

As does any system. It'll do better next year I think... I hope.

Oh and let's not get carried away. IMO it didn't sell "very well", it's sold a little over what it should be doing every week. 

I agree. You took the words right from my mind.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
z101 said:

The Hatsuna Mika sales are disappointing. The sales boost of the vita is ok, but I don't think it will last long.

I think the low sales of Hatsuna Mika will turn away many developers from the Vita and a 3DS version of this game is surely on its way.

When you discuss with me please do some research about what you're talking about. There is already a Hatsune Miku on the 3DS, a series first since it was almost always on Sony platform exclusive. And no, the game didn't do aything amazing, the Hatsune fans are on Sony platforms. And yes the sales are amazing for the small Vita userbase. It did better than the first project diva on PSP wich had a far bigger userbase.

The sales are far from impressive. And yes I think that this game and future Hatsune Mika games will be released on the 3DS too, despite of the fact that there is already a Hatsune Mika game on the 3DS.

MH-Fans had been on sony platforms too, but switched already to nintendo platforms.

z101 said:
Turkish said:
z101 said:

When you discuss with me please do some research about what you're talking about. There is already a Hatsune Miku on the 3DS, a series first since it was almost always on Sony platform exclusive. And no, the game didn't do aything amazing, the Hatsune fans are on Sony platforms. And yes the sales are amazing for the small Vita userbase. It did better than the first project diva on PSP wich had a far bigger userbase.

The sales are far from impressive. And yes I think that this game and future Hatsune Mika games will be released on the 3DS too, despite of the fact that there is already a Hatsune Mika game on the 3DS.

MH-Fans had been on sony platforms too, but switched already to nintendo platforms.

Its Hatsune Miku mate, not Hatsuna Miku nor Hatsune Mika. This game won't release on the 3DS nor future project Diva games (other than spinoffs lol)because a PS3 port is coming next year.

It is a great start, and the Vita does have potential. But 1 week, with 1 bundled game? Not enough really, far from it.

Good start though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

no way in hell would they announce a monster hunter

z101 said:

How can this game be so expensive?