By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hatsune Miku sales prove VITA is a potential goldmine!

Vita will do amazing next yer

ofcourse 49 37.69%

only if they follow advice in OP 29 22.31%

different opinion wich I ... 52 40.00%

Total:130
Immortal said:
Now I remember why Sony fans get so much hell. I was beginning to feel sympathy for the Sony fans complaining about people being too harsh on Sony and the Vita, but now I see I shouldn't have. The moment anything goes remotely right for you, you immediately begin to think that your console's sales will explode and start getting utterly ridiculous and arrogant about it. This is good news, but not much more. The game sold maybe 30% more than expected and the console maybe even a little more than that. That is not a game-changing, unbelievably-awesome, defy-all-trends kind of surprise, especially when the sheer numbers you're dealing with are so low. Apparently, the franchise also has something else going at the moment so it may not even be the PSV's impressive performance.
If, in a few weeks, Vita sales dive back to their previously depressing levels, as is very likely (though obviously there's always the miniscule chance you're right somehow and Vita explodes), then you will once again be driven into the earth with "Vita is doomed" comments and threads, especially with a thread as recent as this to mock. This time, I honestly can't say I'll feel bad.

While I'd replace fan with "fanboy" (nothing wrong with being a Sony fan) I otherwise agree. I definitely find them the most obnoxious of the three fanboy camps.

Around the Network

The Vita was never doomed. But this goes to show that the Vita needs a constant flow of games, not once a month or every other month.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

very funny
trend similar to p4
after 2 week release or 1 week doom and gloom atmosphere will appear back
there no system seller in this platform like mario,mh,dq,pokemon

sales of Vita will deffo pick up it just needs a family friendly price and more attractive colours like white etc

id get one soon if price is right its a much better device than a 3ds but doest have the "for everyone" image nor price plus software isnt all that yet.

my bet is cheaper Vita next year with abundance of software will help it tremendously

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Chark said:
Immortal said:
Now I remember why Sony fans get so much hell. I was beginning to feel sympathy for the Sony fans complaining about people being too harsh on Sony and the Vita, but now I see I shouldn't have. The moment anything goes remotely right for you, you immediately begin to think that your console's sales will explode and start getting utterly ridiculous and arrogant about it. This is good news, but not much more. The game sold maybe 30% more than expected and the console maybe even a little more than that. That is not a game-changing, unbelievably-awesome, defy-all-trends kind of surprise, especially when the sheer numbers you're dealing with are so low. Apparently, the franchise also has something else going at the moment so it may not even be the PSV's impressive performance.
If, in a few weeks, Vita sales dive back to their previously depressing levels, as is very likely (though obviously there's always the miniscule chance you're right somehow and Vita explodes), then you will once again be driven into the earth with "Vita is doomed" comments and threads, especially with a thread as recent as this to mock. This time, I honestly can't say I'll feel bad.

Fair enough. I think this month will finally be looking up for Vita. LBP launches this month with a bundle and Madden already has one out. Soon AC3:L and PSASBR bundles will be available. It's looking at decent holiday sales but they probably won't be high enough to make up for the slow sales it suffered for months on end so its end of year total won't be all that impressive. Next year the doom floating above Vita's head will disperse because of the holiday sales and the high quality games available for the system. People shouldn't be too excited just because of Hitsume Miku, just like with Persona 4 the Golden, because it is more likely an isolated event but that doesn't mean things are about to pick up. It is a variety of factors.

I guess it's mostly about the way it's said. I mean, I'm perfectly fine with what you're saying right now. Even if I disagree that the situation will improve (not relevant, though, I guess).

You aren't sounding arrogant at all. Saying that it has massive potential, that it's a potential goldmine, that an MH is likely when there's little justification for it, on the other hand, is extremely annoying and really inspires hatred from the majority who don't agree. And this will eventually lead to the over-exposure of Vita's failure to achieve these goals if it occurs, which is probably rather unfair for reasonable Sony fans, since they'll have to deal with tons of hate for their console.

@curl-6 I actually thought about writing fanboy, but that would mean calling the people agreeing to this fanboys, which would feel rude. I suppose it isn't exactly nice to generalize this to all Sony fans, either, though.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

I think even Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for the Vita would be a massive system seller. Especially here in the west.

I'm not too worried about Japan, its more the west.

Little Big Planet has dimished popularity now, Its kind of like been there done that. I don't see the Vita version making too big of splash.

COD Declassified looks like trash, which my brother who an avid COD fan laughed at.

Assassins Creed liberation is launching same day and date as AC3 which is just ridiculous. There is no way Liberations sales won't be cannibalised by AC3.

Bristow9091 said:
Turkish said:
FFX HD= Vita will be saved trust me, it needs to release in the next 6 months.

Yeah I reckon it'll do great numbers, especially in Japan, and should boost the Vita up pretty high, I know I'll be buying both the PS3 AND Vita versions since it's my favourite game of all time and I'd LOVE to play it on the go.

I would love Crossbuy. Double platinum!

Busted said:
The same happened with Persona 4 the golden, things will return to normal in 2 weeks. There's no GAME ALONE that can ''save'' the vita A-N-Y game, still is not impossible it just needs time and the right decisions. I think that the vita will not be a business failure in a long term now, will it prove me wrong as soon as next year? i doubt it, still...

Never understimate the power of Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest...

Zim said:
It's a mainline Miku game. Of course it sold over 100k. However this is actually a pretty big drop for the project diva series as well.

First weeks
First game: 100k
Second game: 226k
Second game Expansion: 186k
Third game: 176k (160K+10% digital)

A smaller first week than the expansion to the second game. Not only this but the Miku series spokesman has already come out and said that with these sales it is unlikely to get a sequel. http://andriasang.com/con2lc/miku_sequel/

Developers aren't suddenly going to jump into making Vita games because a Miku game (Miku fans are well known to be ridiculously dedicated) sold okay. The vita needs a stable flow of good selling games and a reasonable install base before that happens.

Also very surprised Turkish still posts here considering how he feels about the site http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39757193&postcount=352

You fail to realize that Vita version is on a much much smaller installbase, despite that it sold so much more than the first Hatsune miku on the PSP wich had a far bigger installbase. For such a small installbase it did amazing.

Ah, you're a lurker on gaf too. I advice you not to use any banned material there, its your choice. I'm just educating kids there that don't know gaf rules and post comments that could get them banned, and no I don't begrudge it on anybody. I don't care how you guys feel about neogaf, they certainly dont care about you, so don't think there is some kind of rivalry going on.