By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hatsune Miku sales prove VITA is a potential goldmine!

Vita will do amazing next yer

ofcourse 49 37.69%

only if they follow advice in OP 29 22.31%

different opinion wich I ... 52 40.00%

Total:130

Japan releases tend to have short legs, so i guess the number given won't double.
With that being said, the Vita isn't a goldmine - at least not more of a goldmine than the PSP. (Which has sold more hardware than the PS3 has to date., which is respectable).

All they need to do is: get some good technicians that can actually make remote play work, Let Near work with WIFI only Vita's on the go (shouldnt be a problem if you let the GPS analyze your location), travel back in time and give the CoD license to guerilla instead, release a heckload of great games... and most important, do cool stuff that simply gives the people a reason to buy the Vita.

(I own one, and i love the system. but it has a lot of problems.)

edit: And for fucks sake, bring that miku game over to NA (or even better, to europe too)... cuz it looks pathetic when i jam my vitas buttons while watching youtube videos of it.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

Now I remember why Sony fans get so much hell. I was beginning to feel sympathy for the Sony fans complaining about people being too harsh on Sony and the Vita, but now I see I shouldn't have. The moment anything goes remotely right for you, you immediately begin to think that your console's sales will explode and start getting utterly ridiculous and arrogant about it. This is good news, but not much more. The game sold maybe 30% more than expected and the console maybe even a little more than that. That is not a game-changing, unbelievably-awesome, defy-all-trends kind of surprise, especially when the sheer numbers you're dealing with are so low. Apparently, the franchise also has something else going at the moment so it may not even be the PSV's impressive performance.
If, in a few weeks, Vita sales dive back to their previously depressing levels, as is very likely (though obviously there's always the miniscule chance you're right somehow and Vita explodes), then you will once again be driven into the earth with "Vita is doomed" comments and threads, especially with a thread as recent as this to mock. This time, I honestly can't say I'll feel bad.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

It's a mainline Miku game. Of course it sold over 100k. However this is actually a pretty big drop for the project diva series as well.

First weeks
First game: 100k
Second game: 226k
Second game Expansion: 186k
Third game: 176k (160K+10% digital)

A smaller first week than the expansion to the second game. Not only this but the Miku series spokesman has already come out and said that with these sales it is unlikely to get a sequel. http://andriasang.com/con2lc/miku_sequel/

Developers aren't suddenly going to jump into making Vita games because a Miku game (Miku fans are well known to be ridiculously dedicated) sold okay. The vita needs a stable flow of good selling games and a reasonable install base before that happens.

Also very surprised Turkish still posts here considering how he feels about the site http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39757193&postcount=352

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Soriku said:
Turkish said:
FFX HD= Vita will be saved trust me, it needs to release in the next 6 months.

SE would have to pull out a miracle (maybe two miracles) if they were to get FF X HD out in the next 6 months. They literally said "no comment" when asked about it at the FF 25th anniversary event. Just an incompetent company.

Anyway, the Vita definitely has sales potential, but Miku is the only Vita game in the top 30 in Famitsu. That doesn't really look very optomistic in terms of long-term sales and it might just mean that Miku fans just bought a Vita for the game only to sell it later. We'll see next week.

Also, what MH on the Vita? The 3DS has MH4 and it's not going to be on the Vita...so what exactly are you expecting? People keep saying this but never go into specifics. I'm genuinely curious as to what MH game you guys are dreaming of. Elaborate please.

MH4G / MH Portable 4th

No it doesn't, it just proves that people will buy hardware to play the games they want. One week of sales isn't enough to change the fact that it's still selling poorly.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:

Better battery life, brighter screen and internal storage.

Yes on the battery life, that would be great. The screen is very bright. Internal storage is not neccessarily better than external. It doesn't mean it will be cheaper, it could even kill the battery life. The external storage method allows the consumer to more easily choose what size storage they want and gives them the option of multiple cards. Internal storage limits them to a few choices and a more permanent choice. All it would do is raise the entry price of the hardware and limit upgrade capabilities. With that said the memory is too expensive.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Some people may talk all they want but in the end software it's all that matters and this is one great example, hopefully Sony will manage to continue this sales and of course try to improve them

Nintendo and PC gamer

Immortal said:
Now I remember why Sony fans get so much hell. I was beginning to feel sympathy for the Sony fans complaining about people being too harsh on Sony and the Vita, but now I see I shouldn't have. The moment anything goes remotely right for you, you immediately begin to think that your console's sales will explode and start getting utterly ridiculous and arrogant about it. This is good news, but not much more. The game sold maybe 30% more than expected and the console maybe even a little more than that. That is not a game-changing, unbelievably-awesome, defy-all-trends kind of surprise, especially when the sheer numbers you're dealing with are so low. Apparently, the franchise also has something else going at the moment so it may not even be the PSV's impressive performance.
If, in a few weeks, Vita sales dive back to their previously depressing levels, as is very likely (though obviously there's always the miniscule chance you're right somehow and Vita explodes), then you will once again be driven into the earth with "Vita is doomed" comments and threads, especially with a thread as recent as this to mock. This time, I honestly can't say I'll feel bad.

Fair enough. I think this month will finally be looking up for Vita. LBP launches this month with a bundle and Madden already has one out. Soon AC3:L and PSASBR bundles will be available. It's looking at decent holiday sales but they probably won't be high enough to make up for the slow sales it suffered for months on end so its end of year total won't be all that impressive. Next year the doom floating above Vita's head will disperse because of the holiday sales and the high quality games available for the system. People shouldn't be too excited just because of Hitsume Miku, just like with Persona 4 the Golden, because it is more likely an isolated event but that doesn't mean things are about to pick up. It is a variety of factors.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Better battery life, brighter screen and internal storage.

Yes on the battery life, that would be great. The screen is very bright. Not in my experience, I can't play outside unless it's night, not even in the shade. I tried playing on the train and the light coming in from the window made it unplayable, and it wasn't direct sunlight. Internal storage is not neccessarily better than external. It doesn't mean it will be cheaper, it could even kill the battery life. The external storage method allows the consumer to more easily choose what size storage they want and gives them the option of multiple cards. Internal storage limits them to a few choices and a more permanent choice. The option for external storage doesn't need to go, you can still have an sd card slot. All it would do is raise the entry price of the hardware and limit upgrade capabilities. With that said the memory is too expensive.

I would take third party memory cards over internal storage though, easily. One thing I forgot was better cameras. The current VGA ones suck terribly. I'm not saying these should come with a price drop, it's like... think PSP 2000 to PSP 3000. Just ironing out the minor flaws. 

VITA sales prove Hatsune Miku is a potential goldmine!