By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hatsune Miku sales prove VITA is a potential goldmine!

Vita will do amazing next yer

ofcourse 49 37.69%

only if they follow advice in OP 29 22.31%

different opinion wich I ... 52 40.00%

Total:130

The same happened with Persona 4 the golden, things will return to normal in 2 weeks. There's no GAME ALONE that can ''save'' the vita A-N-Y game, still is not impossible it just needs time and the right decisions. I think that the vita will not be a business failure in a long term now, will it prove me wrong as soon as next year? i doubt it, still...

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:
Turkish said:

160k sold in the first few days!

50k VITAs sold!

This proves that there is MASSIVE potential with the VITA! It certainly is not dead, it just need the right games and a good price.

TGS should bring us many more Vita games, possibly a new Monster Hunter and FFX HD releasedate at the end of the year or early next year. Itwill do wonders for VITA.

Next year is where VITA will truly shine though, it will get its first pricecut, 2nd year games and ofcourse, a revision of the Vita hardware.

Why do you say a revision to the hardware. What could Sony possibly do to change the hardware? I believe the price cut will happen around E3 or Gamescom 2013 though.

Better battery life, brighter screen and internal storage.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Tridrakious said:
Turkish said:

50k VITAs sold!

This proves that there is MASSIVE potential with the VITA! It certainly is not dead, it just need the right games and a good price.

TGS should bring us many more Vita games, possibly a new Monster Hunter and FFX HD releasedate at the end of the year or early next year. Itwill do wonders for VITA.

Next year is where VITA will truly shine though, it will get its first pricecut, 2nd year games and ofcourse, a revision of the Vita hardware.

Why do you say a revision to the hardware. What could Sony possibly do to change the hardware? I believe the price cut will happen around E3 or Gamescom 2013 though.

Better battery life, brighter screen and internal storage.

Battery life I will agree with. Possibly adding internal storage, but they could just package in a memory card with the system to fix the storage issue.

As for the brighter screen, it is already bright.

kowenicki said:
I think what it shows is that Japan is a VERY different market than the rest of the workd. That game would do zip in the west.

When Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd was released on the PSP it sold 225k first week and now stands at 410k lifetime, over 2 years later.

But i guess you may be right, we shall see how it holds up in the coming weeks. I still think its a price issue above all else (way above all else).

We all know sales will drop in the coming weeks I'll tell you that beforehand. Its astonishing that it even sold 160k copies with the small Vita userbase.

I believe a Vita pricecut early next year with FFX HD will be the turning point. Don't forget how huge FFX is over there.

Turkish said:

50k VITAs sold!

The Hatsuna Mika sales are disappointing. The sales boost of the vita is ok, but I don't think it will last long.

I think the low sales of Hatsuna Mika will turn away many developers from the Vita and a 3DS version of this game is surely on its way.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Turkish said:
FFX HD= Vita will be saved trust me, it needs to release in the next 6 months.

SE would have to pull out a miracle (maybe two miracles) if they were to get FF X HD out in the next 6 months. They literally said "no comment" when asked about it at the FF 25th anniversary event. Just an incompetent company.

Anyway, the Vita definitely has sales potential, but Miku is the only Vita game in the top 30 in Famitsu. That doesn't really look very optomistic in terms of long-term sales and it might just mean that Miku fans just bought a Vita for the game only to sell it later. We'll see next week.

Also, what MH on the Vita? The 3DS has MH4 and it's not going to be on the Vita...so what exactly are you expecting? People keep saying this but never go into specifics. I'm genuinely curious as to what MH game you guys are dreaming of. Elaborate please.

Just because 3DS gets MH4 doesn't mean Vita wont get a MH. It definetly will get a MH, the series got big on its older brother. TGS will surely bring us many Japanese support.

z101 said:
Turkish said:

50k VITAs sold!

The Hatsuna Mika sales are disappointing. The sales boost of the vita is ok, but I don't think it will last long.

I think the low sales of Hatsuna Mika will turn away many developers from the Vita and a 3DS version of this game is surely on its way.

When you discuss with me please do some research about what you're talking about. There is already a Hatsune Miku on the 3DS, a series first since it was almost always on Sony platform exclusive. And no, the game didn't do aything amazing, the Hatsune fans are on Sony platforms. And yes the sales are amazing for the small Vita userbase. It did better than the first project diva on PSP wich had a far bigger userbase.

Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter and One Piece for Vita now.

While its only one small step in the right direction I totally agree with you.

Sony just needs to get compelling software on the console, advertise it right, and bring the games people want.

Vita is in big danger right now but its not too late for Sony to turn things around

That's the spirit!

But the hole is very deep.