Definitely 1 2.86%

Likely 4 11.43%

cod>3DS 12 34.29%

Total:35
pezus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I don't know... I guess it's possible with a severe price cut, but even then Call of Duty would need at least one killer app to secure the deal.

Any significant DLC on the horizon?

I think you misunderstood. The sales in the op are for MW3 (first two months or thereabouts), but the question is for Black Ops 2 vs. 3DS.

And I think you miscalculated the amount of seriousness in my post.

Well, it seems like you were joking about MW3. That is so last year

Well, I wasn't.

Around the Network
pezus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I don't know... I guess it's possible with a severe price cut, but even then Call of Duty would need at least one killer app to secure the deal.

Any significant DLC on the horizon?

I think you misunderstood. The sales in the op are for MW3 (first two months or thereabouts), but the question is for Black Ops 2 vs. 3DS.

And I think you miscalculated the amount of seriousness in my post.

Well, it seems like you were joking about MW3. That is so last year

Well, I wasn't.

What's the deal with the "it's possible with a severe price cut" and "DLC" then? CoD does not get DLC that early (nor price cuts).

That's where I mentioned what it would need to beat the 3DS. I never said that I thought it would actually get any of that, nor that it was likely.

And then there is my amount of seriousness.

I say no, unless we also count Declassified in, then I say LOLNO.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

pezus said:
happydolphin said:
Simply put, no. COD has imho hit its peak with MW3, and will decline, much in the direction of the industry as a whole. However, the 3DS has no reason to decline from its 8.6 trend in the last 4 months of last year. Also, last holiday it sold in Japan alone, so this holiday season it should do even better. So, the one that will reach 25 mil first is the 3DS.

Fun question, thanks for the exercise.

Black Ops 2 will sell more than MW3, at least early on. I'd bet a horse on it. The peak was supposed to be MW2, then Black Ops, then MW3 and now Black Ops 2. Keep in mind that the theoretical digital sales count (as Mario fans will tell you at every turn). 3DS sold really well in Europe and USA last holiday because, after all, it had just had its huge price cut + Mario Kart + SM3DL + some others. Now 3DS does not have MH (Japan or otherwise, if I'm not mistaken), and really only Paper Mario + 2D Mario leftovers.

But the question is not who will reach 25m first, but rather who will end up having more sales by the end of 2012.

@bold. Quite true. I knew I worded it wrong :)

@BO2>MW3. Well, I stated my reasons, and it's a decline in the industry that wasn't there at the release of MW2, so I wouldn't really bet a horse on it if I were you, horses are awesome companions and are worth alot of money.

Sure, let's count the digital sales, I have no problem with that. The one thing I'll agree with you on is that this year the 3DS has less going for it than last year, but I have yet to see a sales distribution curve go up then down for a Nintendo console before year 3, so if that happens you can color me surprised. As far as I'm concerned, HW sales figures follow a bell curve for all main players in the industry. So using historical trends I'd have to disagree, but using what I see and the 3DS' quite erregular history (the faltering of Nintendogs and Brain Age, the weaker sales of NSMB2, the need for an 80$ price cut), I'm ready for you to possibly be right.

Putting 4 systems of the best selling game this gen against the 3ds.

Mario on one system vs Vita.

This is not how you troll guys because even if it doesn't get higher it will be closer than Mario and Vita.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

You're comparing two different things: SW and HW...

But if you want me to take a swat at it then no, it won't. Quantity isn't the only thing that counts you know. :P

Oh and answer to poll: Nintendo > Anything else!

pezus said:
FrancisNobleman said:
Should we count the 3DS CoD version too ?

If that's what you're into. Sure

@Conegamer: More than 5m drop for CoD? What gives?

It's obvious nobody likes CoD anymore. Get over your biased self, Pehzeus!

jeesh, does CoD honestly sell that quickly *looks it up*

...wow, that is ridiculous @.@ welp, i think its gonna be a pretty close one but im putting my money on the 3DS

PS: not enough whales in the pool...i have nothing to vote for :(

I think 3DS will probably sell at least 6 million more units this year so no, CODBO2 will not beat it

I highly doubt that Call of Duty will sell more units than the 3DS will by Jan 1st 2013. The reason is that regardless of the New Super Mario Bros 2 game releasing in Summer rather than the holiday season, and Paper Mario releasing in November (also there are some games being released within this year in Japan such as Project x Zone and Bravely Default, and I believe Animal Crossing as well) the 3DS will definitely see a spike in sales during the holiday season. Call of Duty may see a large increase in sales as well, however the 3DS is at a head start with nearly 20m already sold and is selling more than 100,000 a week consistently globally and might be seeing an accelerated sales record for the rest of the year.