By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you feel about the performance of the VGChartz mod team?

How is the VGChartz mod team doing?

It's doing a great job. 299 32.97%

It's doing okay. 143 15.77%

It's not doing well. 432 47.63%

Total:874
spurgeonryan said:

Mods: It is obvious this guy above me is just here to cause trouble. Everyone is his enemy here. He goes in their threads and bad mouths them and their threads. Then he comes here and posts his disgust. What was wrong with the thread the guy he is complaining about made? Nothing. Everything bothers this guy. It is impossible to be bothered this much. Some just like to see the world burn, he wants to see this site burn.

Cry a bit more spurge. I have more than enough "friends" on this videogame website, without needing to add them all to try be popular.

The thread in question is spreading bullshit. Sony have only said anything about Japan. Japan, spurge. Japan. We know you struggle to understand simple things, but understand this - Sony only talked about Japan. If next Week they come out and say its done Worldwide... Sure. A thread should be made. Right now? Its wrong and spreading wrong information.

The article posted was wrong. Put it in the rules that making rubbish, wrong threads is against the rules.

Why are you so against a lack of shit threads?

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:

But the question is what Fact or Fiction? For example last year Microsoft claim to sell more 360 then the Wii and PS3 but on this site it doesn't show that. People posted article about it on this site. In that case what would you consider fact or fiction? Do we go with the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company or a site that get information from multiple outlet and make a educated guess?

Without actual numbers from Microsoft it was impossible to tell. They shipped more, yes. Sold more? Possibly.

Known figures from trackers showed the opposite of what Microsoft said. VGChartz uses these trackers along with the extrapolations/estimates that Brett gets.

VGChartz data showed 360 in a close 2nd. Microsoft simply said they "won". Im pretty sure too that last Year, Ballmer said the 360 had sold more at retail than Microsoft had actually shipped.

I'm still offering my services.

I've been an admin at my own network for a decade (30,000 members) and was a finalist (another person and I) for Community Manager for Tom's Hardware (they have 3 million user accounts).

I consider my greatest administrative accomplishment as the merging of a Nintendo forum, a Sony forum and a MS forum all into one forum 7 years ago....It's now been 3 years since I've actually had to ban a member because of bad behavior.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

spurgeonryan said:

What was wrong with the thread the guy he is complaining about made?

Just so you know - I was right and the thread was locked for the exact reasons I stated.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4993882

Carl2291 said:
spurgeonryan said:

What was wrong with the thread the guy he is complaining about made?

Just so you know - I was right and the thread was locked for the exact reasons I stated.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4993882

The main reason it being a duplicate thread.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

The main reason it being a duplicate thread.

Duplicate or not, the mod acknowledged that the thread was trash with misleading information. The conversation regarding that thread need go no further.

No guys but seriously

Seriously

Making whole threads out of articles from other sites is a bad practice.

Making individual threads out of individual reviews from other sites is a horrible practice

Khuutra said:
No guys but seriously

Seriously

Making whole threads out of articles from other sites is a bad practice.

Making individual threads out of individual reviews from other sites is a horrible practice

Making whole threads out of articles happens on every forum including your beloved GAF.

It provides you with a sort of comment section for the article with a community of people you "know".

Are you going to explain what is wrong with it or continue repeating yourself and asserting that it is bad practice?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Making whole threads out of articles happens on every forum including your beloved GAF.

It provides you with a sort of comment section for the article with a community of people you "know".

Are you going to explain what is wrong with it or continue repeating yourself and asserting that it is bad practice?

This marks the fifth time that I have told you I'm not a member of the GAFs, nor do I browse there regularly. At some point it's going to stick. Thoguh no, for the record, it does not happen on every forum.

The problem is that it creates a diffusion of the limited conversational resources that this forum has, and those are dwindling by the year. It's especially problematic when many of these articles deal with the same subject - for instance, Sony's money situation - and contributes more and more to the culture of disposable discussion whereby no conversation is meant to last or even can last in a forum where shortened attention spans are encouraged to be the norm.

And do I really need to say why posting reviews from other sites as their own topics is a bad idea?

The whole thing, articles and reviews both, contributes to the forum being an iterative soup with far less original or meaningful content than it might have otherwise. What percentage of threads being comment threads on articles or reviews from other sites would be unacceptable, here? Would it need to be half? More? Is there any theoretical threshhold at which you would go "All right, that's a bit much, the forum's content is not related to the site's content enough any more"?

I am saying there needs to be a standard of topicality.

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

This marks the fifth time that I have told you I'm not a member of the GAFs, nor do I browse there regularly. At some point it's going to stick. Thoguh no, for the record, it does not happen on every forum.

The problem is that it creates a diffusion of the limited conversational resources that this forum has, and those are dwindling by the year. It's especially problematic when many of these articles deal with the same subject - for instance, Sony's money situation - and contributes more and more to the culture of disposable discussion whereby no conversation is meant to last or even can last in a forum where shortened attention spans are encouraged to be the norm.

And do I really need to say why posting reviews from other sites as their own topics is a bad idea?

The whole thing, articles and reviews both, contributes to the forum being an iterative soup with far less original or meaningful content than it might have otherwise. What percentage of threads being comment threads on articles or reviews from other sites would be unacceptable, here? Would it need to be half? More? Is there any theoretical threshhold at which you would go "All right, that's a bit much, the forum's content is not related to the site's content enough any more"?

I am saying there needs to be a standard of topicality.

We have been discussing improving standards of thread creation, though we're at a loss as to what could work without being a hell of a lot of work for us.

Although I haven't seen people make too many threads based on reviews from other sites lately. The proliferation is the "Unbiased review" threads, which I do agree that we should have one topic per game for, so as to cut clutter.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.