By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you feel about the performance of the VGChartz mod team?

How is the VGChartz mod team doing?

It's doing a great job. 299 32.97%

It's doing okay. 143 15.77%

It's not doing well. 432 47.63%

Total:874

Joke moderations suck.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Ka-pi's ban was bullshit, cone.

Agreed. But it's a thing which we had agreed for some time and he was cool for it "just for fun" infact.

I got banned for "Just having fun" too.

Carl2291 said:
Joke moderations suck.

Aww

I have the chat where we were discussing it which he says is fine to post if you really want to see it. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:
Joke moderations suck.

Are you sure? Ban Conegamer for what he pulled in the Mario Kart 8 thread today, then we'll talk again.

Better say now rather than when it starts, no? 

I've listened to your advice Rol!

I agree that moderations shouldn't ever be done as jokes...

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Aww

I have the chat where we were discussing it which he says is fine to post if you really want to see it. 

I just think joke moderations are silly. If they are planned joke moderations between member and moderator then they are super silly.

RolStoppable said:

Are you sure? Ban Conegamer for what he pulled in the Mario Kart 8 thread today, then we'll talk again.

I still owe him one for the whole Luigi's Mansion 2 thing.

Carl2291 said:
Conegamer said:

Aww

I just think joke moderations are silly. If they are planned joke moderations between member and moderator then they are super silly.

Well that's fine; personally I feel like they can be useful if done sparingly and with full consent to show people on the forum that we're not all monsters. This is something I have seen echoed from other mods as well. Still if people do have legitimate concerns then I'll stop doing them; that's not an issue with me.

Conegamer said:

Well that's fine; personally I feel like they can be useful if done sparingly and with full consent to show people on the forum that we're not all monsters.

I think our general conduct on the forums, as well as relationships with other users should be more than enough to do that.

Joke bans can be funny on certain occasions (See Conegamers_Dog before we got announced or everyone banning ioi when he was drunk), but for things as trivial as hitting a post milestone I think its just pointless. I see no actual reason for doing it other than for attention.

So, asking for a Permaban is asking for attention then?

gooch_destroyer said:
So, asking for a Permaban is asking for attention then?

No. I didnt say that.

I said asking for a joke ban is pretty much attention seeking.