By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you feel about the performance of the VGChartz mod team?

How is the VGChartz mod team doing?

It's doing a great job. 299 32.97%

It's doing okay. 143 15.77%

It's not doing well. 432 47.63%

Total:874
chocoloco said:
Hynad said:

About that poll, wouldn't be surprising one bit if most of those who voted negatively are regular offenders.

Still, the majority thinks the mods are fine as they are right now.

Nah, as long as they have certain mods here I aways give them a poor performance. Two bad apples make the whole look rotten.

What did those "certain mods" do for you to call them bad apples?

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

It's good. My first 3 moderations were completely justified, but I didn't like the reasoning for my last ban, the only thing I should of been banned for is calling someone a tool, and it was a 3 day ban when it should of been 1 (based on the bans normally handed out for insults). That's really my only complaint, so it's great actually :)

Ban lengths increase as you continue to offend.

So the first insult is a warning, then a one day ban, then three days, and so on, depending on the severity of the insult.

CassiePrich

I've never insulted anyone. are you telling me because of something I said 7 years ago I can't post!! believe it or not, That a fuckin' tragedy!!

CassiePrich

nugget said:
I've never insulted anyone. are you telling me because of something I said 7 years ago I can't post!! believe it or not, That a fuckin' tragedy!!

Incorrect; you're always welcome to post (so long as you aren't breaking the rules) but we're more leniant and don't ban people if they've gone a long time without a moderation; say 6 months to a year depending on the user's post count and the nature of the offence. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

chocoloco said:
Conegamer said:
chocoloco said:

Nah, as long as they have certain mods here I aways give them a poor performance. Two bad apples make the whole look rotten.

Do you have any specific problems or examples? 

Yes, but i am not going to waste my time giving them because I do not care enough about the forum currently to express them. Plus, my problems in the past were never changed. A waste of time.

Also, I was mostly just saying I disagree with Hynad's thoughts to an extent.

And yet you care enough about it to post in here, a place which is nominally for people who care about the forum.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Hey mods.. Late to the quote tree discussion a few pages back, but just wanted to add this.. If your on mobile (at least with android that I'm aware of), you can't cut quote trees... Which could ultimately lead to a ban, especially with all the quote tree regulating lately. Now.. That's just a stinker. Any idea if vgc will ever get a mobile app or be added to something like Tapatalk?
To add, I use to hate on some of the modding, but now I gotta give you guys props. Dunno how you guys can continually dealing with all the trolling, flaming, whining and fanyboy bashing on a daily basis.. And to think many of these "users" that do the bashing are grown ass adults.. Possibly with professional careers even, and can stoop to such school yard antics over video games. Lol.. I once was blind.. But now I see.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

BillyBong said:
Hey mods.. Late to the quote tree discussion a few pages back, but just wanted to add this.. If your on mobile (at least with android that I'm aware of), you can't cut quote trees... Which could ultimately lead to a ban, especially with all the quote tree regulating lately. Now.. That's just a stinker. Any idea if vgc will ever get a mobile app or be added to something like Tapatalk?
To add, I use to hate on some of the modding, but now I gotta give you guys props. Dunno how you guys can continually dealing with all the trolling, flaming, whining and fanyboy bashing on a daily basis.. And to think many of these "users" that do the bashing are grown ass adults.. Possibly with professional careers even, and can stoop to such school yard antics over video games. Lol.. I once was blind.. But now I see.

I use my mobile a fair bit and haven't had problems on Chrome; on either a HTC or a Sony phone to date. I struggle to buy this when it's a repeat offence. Still if it is a problem and I've just been lucky then one approach which I suggest to users with this problem is to start a "new tree" with "@_____". Sure it doesn't come up but more oft than not the user will find it. Sadly no mobile app in sight; despite numerous offers to make one.

Thanks for your comment though!

Conegamer said:
BillyBong said:

I use my mobile a fair bit and haven't had problems on Chrome; on either a HTC or a Sony phone to date. I struggle to buy this when it's a repeat offence. Still if it is a problem and I've just been lucky then one approach which I suggest to users with this problem is to start a "new tree" with "@_____". Sure it doesn't come up but more oft than not the user will find it. Sadly no mobile app in sight; despite numerous offers to make one.

Thanks for your comment though!

Well.. That could very well explain it.  I'm actually using the root AOSP browser, which personally I find better than any browser currently in android (just faster), but could also be the reason I can't cut quote trees.  Anyways.. Even if no mobile app, how how implementation into Tapatalk?  Afaik, any forum implementation is free.  Could be something worth looking into maybe? 

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Ka-pi's ban was bullshit, cone.

gooch_destroyer said:
Ka-pi's ban was bullshit, cone.

Agreed. But it's a thing which we had agreed for some time and he was cool for it "just for fun" infact.