By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo end up having the 3DS as a controller option for the WiiU?

A controller? No. Cross-play with the ability to play 3DS games on the Wii? Yep!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Isn't this kinda what they're gonna do with the new SSB?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

The 3DS would make a terrible gamepad, just like the Vita does. Both devices lack buttons and the workarounds are aweful.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I always wanted the DS to be able to at least play NES and SNES games but all we got was the ability to play pokemans and download a couple demos. I hope they do something I am not thinking of but any functionality will be nice.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Probably not to any greater extent than DS to Wii, or GBA to GameCube - so you might have a few games take advantage; but probably not many.

It won't be an alternative for the Wii U gamepad due to differences in interface, resolution, and interactive features (ie. Wii remotes can interact with the Wii U Gamepad).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Why would you try implement the handheld-console connectivity in this next generation when you already have a Gamepad bundled with the console?

camaro52391 said:
What i think would be awesome would be a 3ds player for the wii u. It would use the gamepad as the bottom screen and tv as the top screen.

3ds controller seems like a no brainer because it has a touch screen, circle pad pro, and all the gyros for games that the wiiu gamepad would use.

With all the retail downloadable eShop titles, it can be possible, you only have resolution problems.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Even with that adapter with the extra buttons and joystick i don`t know...
If Wii U can render to another controller i think the 3DS could be used as such since it already has a screen.
I could also see it being used, at least, to acess Wii U in some way and play VC games through stream. For example, you are playing some game on Wii U and it`s time to go out. You transfer the game to 3DS and play it there until you return home. The sleep mode could be used as pause withing the game.

I hope they at least do something more than Wii - DS interaction.

FrancisNobleman said:
Imagine that in the same way they stream content to the gamepad they could stream to the 3DS in 3D.

Is it possible? Insane 3D graphics on the 3DS via streaming ?

Oooh! This would be SO cool!

Burning Typhoon said:
JWeinCom said:
Burning Typhoon said:
Jay520 said:

Tagged for evidence that Nintendo copies Sony.

Just because Nintendo fans run around saying Sony copies, doesn't mean it's okay for you to run around doing the same thing.  Makes you just as low as them.  I mean, if you want a real copy of nintendo... Look at Miis and then... 360 avatars....

The 360 is trying to be a sequel to sega and nintendo at the same time, yet... in my eyes, doesn't quite do it.

Please man.  Jay was just joking (I hope).  Lets not make it another one of those topics.

Either way, I felt it necessary to mention so.  That way, it would be less likely for someone else to come in and start flaming.

lol keep your pants on. Nintendo's been doing handheld-to-console connections for generations now (GBC to N64, GBA to GCN, DS to Wii), so it's already Sony copying Nintendo anyways :p

SW-5120-1900-6153