By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo end up having the 3DS as a controller option for the WiiU?

Jay520 said:

Tagged for evidence that Nintendo copies Sony.

You do know Nintendo originally had the Game Boy Advance be used as a controller back in the early days of the Gamecube right?

Edit: That being said, I honestly think they should have a few games where that is an option, so that instead of needing another Gamepad or having to use the Wii remote or Classic Controllers, other players have access to use touch pads for gameplay as well on certain games. The only problem of course is that not to many developers are likely to take advantage of that including Nintendo themselves.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

fmjasinski said:

pic

Noirson said:

You do know Nintendo originally had the Game Boy Advance be used as a controller back in the early days of the Gamecube right?

thetonestarr said:

lol keep your pants on. Nintendo's been doing handheld-to-console connections for generations now (GBC to N64, GBA to GCN, DS to Wii), so it's already Sony copying Nintendo anyways :p

Yes, but Sony was the first company to allow Handheld-to-Console Gaming using an Eighth Generation Handheld. And now, it looks like Nintendo will steal Sony's idea using the 3DS - also an eighth generation handheld.

Burning Typhoon said:
Jay520 said:

Just because Nintendo fans run around saying Sony copies, doesn't mean it's okay for you to run around doing the same thing.  Makes you just as low as them.  I mean, if you want a real copy of nintendo... Look at Miis and then... 360 avatars....

The 360 is trying to be a sequel to sega and nintendo at the same time, yet... in my eyes, doesn't quite do it.

Nintendo fans are low for pointing out facts about Sony's shameless tactics?

How many times they could of done it. GC GBA connection: No. DS Wii connection: No. Wii 3ds: No. Wii u 3ds: Yeah, right. They just don't bother. The connections are just used for game gimmicks and Pokemon.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

Yes, but Sony was the first company to allow Handheld-to-Console Gaming using an Eighth Generation Handheld. And now, it looks like Nintendo will steal Sony's idea using the 3DS - also an eighth generation handheld.

Please quit trolling, you're really bad at it. We both know hat doesn't make a difference which generation the handheld is made in; it's the same concept. It's the same idea Nintendo came up with in the first place... Sony stole the idea, get over it.

Not to mention, In terms of Sony's handhelds, it's Sony's second major handheld system, just like the GBA was Nintendo's Second major handheld system (not a revision) in the GameBoy line. So if you're going by generations, Sony copied again.

Chandler said:
The 3DS would make a terrible gamepad, just like the Vita does. Both devices lack buttons and the workarounds are aweful.

Doesn't this add all the missing buttons?

I'm personally thinking about getting the Nyko version when it comes out (it looks a lot nicer and has an extra battery). If it had WiiU interconnectivity, that would be another reason to buy either of these!

Jay520 said:
fmjasinski said:

pic

Noirson said:

thetonestarr said:

lol keep your pants on. Nintendo's been doing handheld-to-console connections for generations now (GBC to N64, GBA to GCN, DS to Wii), so it's already Sony copying Nintendo anyways :p

Wasn't 3DS one generation behind the Vita?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

L.C.E.C. said:
Chandler said:
The 3DS would make a terrible gamepad, just like the Vita does. Both devices lack buttons and the workarounds are aweful.

And its still missing clickable thumb sticks. I just don't see why they would implement the 3DS to function as a controller when the UPad, which comes with the console, does EVERYTHING the 3DS does and more and in a higher quality. The Vita adds something to the conventional PS3 control scheme so it kinda makes sense for certain games but there's really no reason to implement the 3DS in a similar fashion.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Chandler said:

And its still missing clickable thumb sticks. I just don't see why they would implement the 3DS to function as a controller when the UPad, which comes with the console, does EVERYTHING the 3DS does and more and in a higher quality. The Vita adds something to the conventional PS3 control scheme so it kinda makes sense for certain games but there's really no reason to implement the 3DS in a similar fashion.

Just so you can use it as another Upad? People still have Classic Controllers (and Classic Controllers Pro) and I'm sure Nintendo will find some way to implement them with alternate control schemes, even with the WiiU Pro controller being available... It doesn't seem impossible to use the 3DS, especially the 3DS XL, with a circle pad (or the Nyko version) as a Upad, minus the clicking sticks...

Another option is to use the 3DS w/ the circle-pad add-on instead of using a WiiU Pro controller, mapping the Left and right stick-clicks to the touch screen...

It might not happen, in fact, considering the 3DS's battery life isn't the greatest, I would have to say it's unlikely, but it is possible and reasonable for people to want. not to mention it would be another plus to buying a 3DS and/or Circle pad Guitar Hero 5 allowed peple to use their DSi's to play in the game, iirc.