By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "The PS2's death"-predictions

well, the longer it stays, the less success the PS3 will have so I think Sony should cut it off already. It's had its glory years and its time for it's successor to take on the brunt.

Around the Network

the PS2 should be dead by the beginning or mid of 2010

The PS2 will never die, it will haunt you in your dreams.

I don't think Sony will kill it off for another 4 years. Even if it is selling poorly in 2012, it will still be making Sony a bit of extra cash.

I'd say it REALLY stops selling in about 2010. It will slow down constantly, then stop in 2010...by that time PS3 will be like $250 or $300.

Around the Network

It will sell well in America as long as the wii is out of stock.

wiiforever said:
well, the longer it stays, the less success the PS3 will have so I think Sony should cut it off already. It's had its glory years and its time for it's successor to take on the brunt.

that isn't very good reasoning. the ps2 is still in 2008 a great choice for a home console if you never owned one or only played very few games. some people just want to play video games and not pay $250+ upfront to do it. there is no good reason to kill off the ps2.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

It will die when they stop making Guitar Hero for it.

Just so long as it doesn't do an Atari 2600.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

I think PS3 extended the life of the PS2 simply by taking away BC. That was incredibly stupid.

So... Which will die first? PS2 or PS3?