By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "The PS2's death"-predictions

Taking out BC from PS3 won't extend the life of PS2 that much. Not until a sizable number of the PS2 start failing. But as long as games are still made for PS2, which as ports from the Wii they could be for a while, the PS2 will still sell some. Probably into 2010.

What will be funny is when gamers start complaining about how poor the ports are. Just like PS2 had the better looking games, that didn't look so good as ports on the other boxes, I think that the same will be true as more games are made for the Wii, and as an afterthought for a bit of cash, ported over to the PS2.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Around the Network

Hopefully not for a while there are still some great looking games that are only in Japan for the PS2 which I would like to see come to the states

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

The PS2 won't die anytime soon because it's the main reason (and maybe only) that Sony made profit from its entertainement division last quarter.

People still buy it because it's cheap, it got more games than all the other consoles, those are games are cheap and it still get new releases.

The fact that Sony has killed the BC from the PS3 will only make it thrive for a while.