By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Games that sell (on) handhelds: Let's stop beating around the bush

happydolphin said:
logic56 said:

this is something I find very easy to agree with, but incredible difficult to give a shit about :/, you see that's my problem, finding out why I should give a shit, I'd pay for someone to answer that....

*back to Gravity Rush*

It's pretty straightforward. Since you have little logic, you come to a  video game sales forum and post in a thread about system sellers asking other posters why you don't give a shit. If you had logic you would behave in one of these behaviors:

1) You visit a video game sales site and enter a thread on system sellers because it interests you.

2) You don't enter a video game sales site and don't enter a thread on system sellers because it doesn't interest you.

So it all boils down to you having basically no logic.

so not giving a shit about the sales of Nintendo games on handhelds means I have no logic

insert *themoreyouknow.jpeg* here

Around the Network
logic56 said:
happydolphin said:

It's pretty straightforward. Since you have little logic, you come to a  video game sales forum and post in a thread about system sellers asking other posters why you don't give a shit. If you had logic you would behave in one of these behaviors:

1) You visit a video game sales site and enter a thread on system sellers because it interests you.

2) You don't enter a video game sales site and don't enter a thread on system sellers because it doesn't interest you.

so not giving a shit about the sales of Nintendo games on handhelds means I have no logic

Yes, along with other predicates your logic failed to transcribe.

Welcome to school young man. Take a seat at the desk right in front of you and take a moment to learn.

thekitchensink said:
Blacksaber said:
thekitchensink said:
I don't have anything to add to this thread. I just wanted to tell everyone that I just lost the game.

Curse you Mr. Share-Storm!

Problème?

happydolphin said:
logic56 said:
happydolphin said:

Welcome to school young man. Take a seat at the desk right in front of you and take a moment to learn.

*huh?.jpeg*

I'm lost, what the fuck are you talking about?

logic56 said:
happydolphin said:

*huh?.jpeg*

Ah, don't worry, I'm just messin' with ya ;)

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
logic56 said:
happydolphin said:

*huh?.jpeg*

Ah, don't worry, I'm just messin' with ya ;)

ahhh ok for a moment there I thought you were serious.

For me , the best games ever on handleds are tactical turn based RPG. You can just pause whenever you want. Perfect in the metro/bus.

Btw, has Grand Knight History made it to the west ? This is the game that would made me buy a PSP

Dgc1808 said:
Why do people beat bushes?

Because they're dirty....

RolStoppable said:

The games required to sell handhelds are Nintendo games (and Monster Hunter, only in Japan though). You either have them or you don't.

According to VGChartz data it would seem that the PSP suffered from a lack of Adventure, Rhythm/Music, Platformers, Simulation and Puzzle games when compared with the DS. As people say the DS had more portable games than the DS I will assume that games of those genre must be what people are referring to when they say portable games.

When comparing the number of titles on each handheld that sold over 1 million copies we have a ratio similar to that of the hardware sales of the machines themselves.  This leads me to believe that it is actually having a well rounded library and having multiple examples of a quality titles within any given genre that is central to success.  

I do think Nintendo's IP benefit them greatly but that they aren't the only games that can sell handhelds.  

daveJ said:
So where does that leave those multi million sellers like GT and god of war or GTA?

They are invisible as air.