By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Games that sell (on) handhelds: Let's stop beating around the bush

Nintendo is really missing out on a lot of potential profit then. If they developed a PC that played their games they could move in on the business office market. A Nintendo phone would decimate Apple. Even those credit card readers would bring in the sales if you had to play a round of Mario as your signature. Hell, going back to playing cards is an instant win.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

I suppose to some extent I agree with this. It's hard to argue when the only truly successful handheld consoles have had either or both of those. I know it's practically ancient history, but I would point out that Tetris, published but not exactly developed by Nintendo, sold the GameBoy in its early years.

Other than that, though, I can't really think of an instance of another company or series pushing a LOT of hardware for a handheld.

iPhone, Android, Tablets, casuals. Handhelds decline. Nintendo is frozen in time... *Apple*

This is a very simplified version of my 500+ words post.

but what about PSP? It sold 75 million units (I think) - and it didn't have a single Nintendo game on it...

But it is very apparent that Nintendo's doing something very right with their handhelds! I think it'll be interesting to see how this gen evolves and how the next gen will play out. Will Nintendo games be enough ?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
but what about PSP? It sold 75 million units (I think) - and it didn't have a single Nintendo game on it...

But it is very apparent that Nintendo's doing something very right with their handhelds! I think it'll be interesting to see how this gen evolves and how the next gen will play out. Will Nintendo games be enough ?

Piracy and monster hunter.

Around the Network

Oh good lord how fking hard is it to push one fking botton.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

daveJ said:
So where does that leave those multi million sellers like GT and god of war or GTA?

Next to their home console.

I would add strong RPGs and franchises with strong cannon.

Kynes said:
DanneSandin said:

Piracy and monster hunter.

And Final fantasy and GTA

Why do people beat bushes?

4 ≈ One