By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS All Stars going to be a huge flop in America? (dismal pre-orders) UPDATE: Yep, it's a huge flop.

Tagged games:

Mr Puggsly said:
kupomogli said:

I'm a Sony fanboy and I've never liked God of War.  Not even when it was first released on the PS2.  To me it's pretty garbage, but the reason why the second God of War game on the PSP didn't sell well isn't because people didn't want to play another God of War.  It's because everyone and their grandmother had a CFW PSP.  If  given the chance to pirate, the thieving 75-80% of the gaming community will do so.

I may not have liked it, but it didn't sell as well as it should have thanks to how bad the piracy has got before the release of the game.

No, people just didn't want the game. PSP software sales dwindled because people lost interest in PSP.

PS3, 360, and Wii games are pirated much more than PSP games. Yet they maintain stronger sales than PSP ever had.

And it's sad, because I think Ghost of Sparta was the best of the franchise. Really enjoyed what Ready at Dawn did with the game.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
A massive flop? No. Disappointing sales? Yep.

It'll reach 1mil, maybe 1.25. By itself, it's not bad. But it's direct competitor will have outsold it by nearly 10:1, in that regards, its a failures

if it sells 1.25mill then it is a huge flop. Just look how much they hype it.

Awesome game that is going to be Genre King

But you know - Its the USA.They mostly don't like good games.
No bald Space Marines and pew pew and it isn't cool enough especially cause its on the hated PSawesom3
No hate but if Microsoft would bring the game with 12 different Master Chief Versions/Colours it would sell 5 Million 1st week in the USA.You don't even need gameplay.Just bring a dressing room for the Master Chief and it would sell there.
Maybe add some DLC for the next Call of Duty and you could reach with ease 10 million sold units with a game that is garbage.
No one can deny that.

Moderated by Kasz216

Kinneas14 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kupomogli said:

I'm a Sony fanboy and I've never liked God of War.  Not even when it was first released on the PS2.  To me it's pretty garbage, but the reason why the second God of War game on the PSP didn't sell well isn't because people didn't want to play another God of War.  It's because everyone and their grandmother had a CFW PSP.  If  given the chance to pirate, the thieving 75-80% of the gaming community will do so.

I may not have liked it, but it didn't sell as well as it should have thanks to how bad the piracy has got before the release of the game.

No, people just didn't want the game. PSP software sales dwindled because people lost interest in PSP.

PS3, 360, and Wii games are pirated much more than PSP games. Yet they maintain stronger sales than PSP ever had.

Yes, it's true that people didn't want that game on PSP, but it's also true that PSP is one of the most pirated console right now.

I don't know anyone who don't have their PSP pirated.

But PSP is not the most pirated system. Anecdotal evidence you gave isn't convincing me either.

I have a PSP, I think its great, and its a shame it died off like it did. But I don't feel piracy is to blame to software sales plummeting.

My guess is the west has lost interest in dedicated handheld game consoles for core gaming. What has convinced me of this is the poor sales of Vita hardware and core games are doing poorly on the 3DS as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Kinneas14 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kupomogli said:

Yes, it's true that people didn't want that game on PSP, but it's also true that PSP is one of the most pirated console right now.

But PSP is not the most pirated system. Anecdotal evidence you gave isn't convincing me either.

I have a PSP, I think its great, and its a shame it died off like it did. But I don't feel piracy is to blame to software sales plummeting.

My guess is the west has lost interest in dedicated handheld game consoles for core gaming. What has convinced me of this is the poor sales of Vita hardware and core games are doing poorly on the 3DS as well.

Sony didn't know how to manage two concurrent systems at the same time and mostly it was Sony marketing that failed the PSP and almost sank the PS3.

Looking at it, the PSP had a great launch line-up (same with the Vita), then about six months of almost nothing (same as the Vita), then a game called Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories came out and launched the system back into the positive mindset of people (Sony better hope games like Assassin's Creed III: Liberation and PlayStation All-Stars does the same)

However, once GTA: LCS released, there was nothing major for almost an entire year afterwards. (A mistake Sony better not make this time around or they will most likely have the worst performing modern gaming platform within the last 12 years)

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:

Sony didn't know how to manage two concurrent systems at the same time and mostly it was Sony marketing that failed the PSP and almost sank the PS3.

Looking at it, the PSP had a great launch line-up (same with the Vita), then about six months of almost nothing (same as the Vita), then a game called Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories came out and launched the system back into the positive mindset of people (Sony better hope games like Assassin's Creed III: Liberation and PlayStation All-Stars does the same)

However, once GTA: LCS released, there was nothing major for almost an entire year afterwards. (A mistake Sony better not make this time around or they will most likely have the worst performing modern gaming platform within the last 12 years)

I don't think marketing is why PSP sales dropped, like I said before I think people just lost interest in core games on PSP. Especially since 360 and PS3 library became far more interesting over the years.

Marketing had nothing to do with PS3's troubles. It was just too expensive for several years.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Tridrakious said:

I don't think marketing is why PSP sales dropped, like I said before I think people just lost interest in core games on PSP. Especially since 360 and PS3 library became far more interesting over the years.

Marketing had nothing to do with PS3's troubles. It was just too expensive for several years.

There was almost nothing for the PSP to really sell on for almost an entire year after the release of GTA: LCS. Battlefront: Elite Squadron and the White Darth Vader silkscreened PSP was the next biggest thing.

PS3 would have done much better if it wasn't for the terrible ad campaign that was used. The White Room campaign turned people off of the system more than the price I believe. Even though there wasn't much release between the launch and games like Warhawk, there was quite a few games in development that kept people talking about the PS3.

PSP was just left behind because Sony couldn't fight two losing battles at the same time. They chose to save the home console business and PSP effectively died. I think God of War: Chains of Olympus was the last game to release to really move systems (outside of Japan).

Tridrakious said:

There was almost nothing for the PSP to really sell on for almost an entire year after the release of GTA: LCS. Battlefront: Elite Squadron and the White Darth Vader silkscreened PSP was the next biggest thing.

PS3 would have done much better if it wasn't for the terrible ad campaign that was used. The White Room campaign turned people off of the system more than the price I believe. Even though there wasn't much release between the launch and games like Warhawk, there was quite a few games in development that kept people talking about the PS3.

PSP was just left behind because Sony couldn't fight two losing battles at the same time. They chose to save the home console business and PSP effectively died. I think God of War: Chains of Olympus was the last game to release to really move systems (outside of Japan).

You just repeated the same thing over and I still disagree.

Good day..

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Kinneas14 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kupomogli said:

No the pSp sales plummeted because it sucked, not becasue of this made up mess of the west has lost interest. Also what core games are doing poorly on 3DS? You probably made it up but watever.

phenom08 said:

Also what core games are doing poorly on 3DS? You probably made it up but watever.

Here are the numbers of some noteworthy titles...

Resident Evil Revelations - 0.59

Kid Icarus - 0.83

Metal Gear Solid 3 - 0.17

Dead or Alive - 0.25

Tekken 3D - 0.09

Ace Combat - 0.10

These numbers aren't impressive. The PSP could achieve numbers like this now and its basically dead.

Recently Completed