By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PS All Stars going to be a huge flop in America? (dismal pre-orders) UPDATE: Yep, it's a huge flop.

Tagged games:

its releasing at a time when other vita games is close by. its hard to tell what will happen

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I promise it won't flop. The Beta proves the games excellence. All positivity. Also like i said greggy from ign, he never changes his mind after the hate he gave to ps allstars but ever since he tried hes neverbeen negative agqin lol

You guys do realize that PSP's tie ration isn't actually that bad right?

It's a 3.7 on Vgchartz. Which looks bad compared to consoles... however, look at other handhelds.

Gameboy is a 4.22 and just happened to be synonymous with handhelds.

GBA 4.6

DS is a 5.0

3.7 isn't bad considering handheld tie ratios and that the PSP just wasn't that popular.

If the tie ratio was hurt, it wasn't due to piracy causing a loss in software sales.

It was due to piracy creating an INCREASE in hardware sales.

I knew people with pirated PSPs. They bought them so they had portable SNES/Genesis emulators.

I remember people saying that Little big Planet 2 will have a hard time selling over one million because of its dismal preorders.And look at it now. It sold very well over 2 million.

What will i say. preorders mean nothing. They are only an indication how big the first week will be but not how much legs a game have. It all depends how much the game catch to the younger audience and the casula audience. PSABR will be a holiday game with less preorders but good legs like an Little big Planet 2 for example.
Little Big Plkanet 2 sold less during the year but big during christmas.

And if Sony Bundle Battle Royal i think 2 million is reachable which will be enough to bring another one for a growing console lioke PS4 and to expand the fanbase.

I think due to poor nature of the game it will all depend on the roster and how they will market it.It has a good lineup of characters but still many are unrecognisable to the mass market.However it's a game that will benefit from word of mouth so i can see it atleast selling a million copies in america and around 3 million worldwide

Around the Network

hasnt seem anything to impress me to throw money at it so.. eh it will do fine nothing spectacular

Buying a PS4 nuff said.

SunofKratos said:
I remember people saying that Little big Planet 2 will have a hard time selling over one million because of its dismal preorders.And look at it now. It sold very well over 2 million.

What will i say. preorders mean nothing. They are only an indication how big the first week will be but not how much legs a game have. It all depends how much the game catch to the younger audience and the casula audience. PSABR will be a holiday game with less preorders but good legs like an Little big Planet 2 for example.
Little Big Plkanet 2 sold less during the year but big during christmas.

And if Sony Bundle Battle Royal i think 2 million is reachable which will be enough to bring another one for a growing console lioke PS4 and to expand the fanbase.

selling half as much is suddenly good sales?

Well that's sony ps3 days for you.

Psp littlebigplanet got 2.08.

To the person who said Kid .83 is BAD that's higher to Uncharted: Golden Abyss .68

and that made profit...

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Mr Puggsly said:
phenom08 said:

Also what core games are doing poorly on 3DS? You probably made it up but watever.

Here are the numbers of some noteworthy titles...

Resident Evil Revelations - 0.59

Kid Icarus - 0.83

Metal Gear Solid 3 - 0.17

Dead or Alive - 0.25

Tekken 3D - 0.09

Ace Combat - 0.10

These numbers aren't impressive. The PSP could achieve numbers like this now and its basically dead.

Like I said completely made it up, you named a bunch of games that dont sell on handhelds anyways and are ports. Try again, MH is a core game correct? Core games are doing fine on this handheld, its just on handheld isnt doing well at all.

phenom08 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
phenom08 said:

Also what core games are doing poorly on 3DS? You probably made it up but watever.

Kid Icarus - 0.83

Dead or Alive - 0.25

Tekken 3D - 0.09

Ace Combat - 0.10

These numbers aren't impressive. The PSP could achieve numbers like this now and its basically dead.

Like I said completely made it up, you named a bunch of games that dont sell on handhelds anyways and are ports. Try again, MH is a core game correct? Core games are doing fine on this handheld, its just on handheld isnt doing well at all.

MH is doing great in Japan, but an exception doesn't show the big picture.

MH did well on the Wii as well. But you can't tell me the Wii was great at moving core software.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
phenom08 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
phenom08 said:

Kid Icarus - 0.83

Dead or Alive - 0.25

Tekken 3D - 0.09

Ace Combat - 0.10

MH is doing great in Japan, but an exception doesn't show the big picture.

MH did well on the Wii as well. But you can't tell me the Wii was great at moving core software.

Core software it never received yes? But the core titles it did, yea it wasnt as much of an failure as you guys claim.