By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMB2 vs the Vita Top 10

Well if LBP Vita breaks into the top 10 another game will fall out, right? So only the sales that exceed the currently tenth placed game will count towards toppling Mario.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Paul said:
Salnax said:
NSMB2 is a third of a million ahead. Expect the difference to exceed half a million by the time LittleBigPlanet comes out.

I don't think little big planet will do very well. It's a game primarily aimed at children on a console aimed at adults. I think it would do much better on the 3DS. It's already doing quite poorly in Japan.

At very least, I expect it to quickly become a Top 10er. Besides, LBP for the PSP sold millions. With a bit of luck, the Vita version will be a long-legged seller, cutting down on Mario's gains week after week until the heavy artillery, aka Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, arrive.

Love and tolerate.

Chandler said:
Well if LBP Vita breaks into the top 10 another game will fall out, right? So only the sales that exceed the currently tenth placed game will count towards toppling Mario.

If LittleBigPlanet can't quickly get itself a bit over 100,000 sales, then the Vita would be in more trouble than even I thought. And in case I haven't been clear enough by making this thread, I am not the best cheerleader for the Vita.

Love and tolerate.

JoeTheBro said:
Paul said:
Salnax said:
NSMB2 is a third of a million ahead. Expect the difference to exceed half a million by the time LittleBigPlanet comes out.

I don't think little big planet will do very well. It's a game primarily aimed at children on a console aimed at adults. I think it would do much better on the 3DS. It's already doing quite poorly in Japan.

Far from it. It has recieved a fair amount of hype for a vita game and is a sequal to a huge PS3 game. Of course being on Vita it will sell horribly but compared to other Vita games it will do excellent. It is exactly the game the Vita needs right now.

I think there's some sarcasm in there.

Salnax said:
Chandler said:

If LittleBigPlanet can't quickly get itself a bit over 100,000 sales, then the Vita would be in more trouble than even I thought. And in case I haven't been clear enough by making this thread, I am not the best cheerleader for the Vita.

Of course LBP will break into the top 10, but some of the sales are already counted since it replaces another game from the list. The game got some really good reviews but even in the PS fanbase LBP is not really everybodys darling. I heard a lot of criticism concerning physics and the overcomplicated level editor that drove people away from the franchise. But on the other hand, people will be starved to get something to play on their Vitas, just like I am. That's why I am backstabbing Mario here because I have preordered the game myself :P

I guess we'll see what impact LBP will have, top 10 is for sure, but I don't see it sustaining +100k sales per week, which Mario will do for a while. So I don't see the game cutting into mario's legs that much.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Vita adds 30,000 each week, which is about 40% of total vita software sales. So people are just buying top 10 games naturally. While NSMB adds about 180,000, which is about 25% of total 3DS software sales.

I'm overlooking LBP's... weirdness for now and am updating for the two-week period.

Love and tolerate.

Even with LBP's worldwide release, the difference is only becoming larger! I don't foresee the Vita getting a better footing until Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation comes out.

Love and tolerate.

Did ioi already adjust NSMB2 numbers in the US ?
Even then it still has a comfortable margin over the Vita top 10.

Are you counting DD as well?

Some time down the round Vita has got to catch up to NSMB2; maybe not over take it, but the gap should b closing eventually :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.