By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Prince Harry snapped naked in Vegas strip-pool romp ~ Should he be royally punished for this huge embarrasment to England? Or does Royalty have no standards anymore? Kate lets nip slip!

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
English do not hold royalty to higher standards? This is something I would expect of Paris Hilton or George Clooney.

LOL why

Around the Network

OT: This is blasphemy! This is madness!

He can do what he wants, but I think the price of his taxpayer-funded multimillionaire lifestyle is that this should be in every newspaper in the country. It is currently blocked from being published.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

ultima said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
ultima said:
So why exactly does UK still have a royal family? Scared to let go of a tradition?

Many countries still does. It's not about keeping a tradition alive, it's about following the will of the people.

So it's the will of the people to pay for this one no longer significant family to live royally in a palace?

The royal family itself generates quite a lot of money through tourism and they don't have any power any more so they don't do any harm. Most British people who dislike the royal family don't think they generate a profit, but the large majority of British people see it as part of their history to have a monarch. 

There are some issues though with the extended royal family (cousins of the prince and then their second cousins), at some point, the royal family just gets too big and the state will have to stop supporting them (so that means the 15th person in line for the throne has to get a job, oh no :P), but that's a difficult issue.

Kantor said:
He can do what he wants, but I think the price of his taxpayer-funded multimillionaire lifestyle is that this should be in every newspaper in the country. It is currently blocked from being published.

Actually his £5000 per night hotel stay was given to him for free by the management of the hotel, so no taxpayer money was spent there. I agree that this should be allowed to be published in the UK though...

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Wait... they can block this from being published in the UK?

I mean, I know the US is a bit out there as far as "freedom of the press" goes... but under what freaking logic is that the case?

Kasz216 said:
Kantor said:

I mean, I know the US is a bit out there as far as "freedom of the press" goes... but under what freaking logic is that the case?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/press-warned-over-pictures-of-naked-prince-harry-8073600.html

Kasz216 said:
Kantor said:

Apparently it was just an informal caution, because the Sun printed them and was not punished.

But then 90% of the Sun is half naked people anyway.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Kasz216 said:
Kantor said:

Apparently it was just an informal caution, because the Sun printed them and was not punished.

But then 90% of the Sun is half naked people anyway.

Yeah, i saw a couple news reports on it.  Seemed like it was one of those "tootheless" declarations, where they threaten something, but probably woudln't do anything about it.  Using that whole cellphone scandal as a good excuse.

I know patriotism isn't hip with the kids no more but it's stuff like this that makes me glad to live in America. As I recall Anthony Wiener was caught doing something similar and he was brought down.