By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Xbox Live is blatantly better than PSN

DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I played on steam, battle.net, PSN, Dreamarena and Xbox Live. Xbox Live is by FAR the best service on the market.

The UI and integration of all the apps works just perfectly fine. Better than anywhere else. The content is awesome, the online gameplay works easily, same for the cloud storage, cross game chat, perfect customer service (something PC gamers don't even know in this form), integration with PCs is already pretty good and smartglass will be another step in the right direction.

XBLA > every online-game-service on the market.

Steam has good deals from time to time, but is full with cheaters. CSS, CS 1.6 is nearly unplayable. It doesn't feel like a community at all. Account-hacking is pretty bad, too.

Battle.net is full with hackers as well. 2 out of 5 games on WC3 (I still love that game) is against someone using MH.

PSN has a crappy UI, less content, fewer apps, no cross game chat at all, but more updates which take forever to download. Not everybody has a headset.

Sure you pay for XBL, but it is worth it. I am a XBL gold-member for 8 or 9 years and I don't regret a single day.

Its not worth it, paying 60 euros to access Twitter or YouTube is not worth it. Free services like PSN and Steam are the best, you cant beat free services. Online gaming has always been free. I dont see why anybody would pay for Live anymore when PS4 launches with more ram this x game chat, Vita already does it.

It is worth it. If it wasn't I wouldn't pay for it.

Being free is the only positive aspect of PSN people come up with. And it is okay, if you don't have $3 - $5 a month to spend. fortunately I have more money to spend, so I can afford a better premium service.

You dont have more money to spend lol, you have no other option than spending money in order to access Twitter or YouTube. These services are free on any other platform, but on XBL you have to pay. Anyways, its okay if you wanna pay for a system that lets you access free apps as long as you're subscribed.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
When it comes to the gaming part of XBL and PSN, there is absolutely no difference between them. Anyone who says otherwise is either talking about cross game chat or is ill-informed.

Everything else is secondary, and psn has obviously no obligation to provide it for free. Or even provide it, really.

Indeed there is almost no difference. Vita already does cross game chat. Come PS4 it will have it too. The other mnimalistic difference I can think of is that XBL has demos of everything. But thats it.

Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I played on steam, battle.net, PSN, Dreamarena and Xbox Live. Xbox Live is by FAR the best service on the market.

The UI and integration of all the apps works just perfectly fine. Better than anywhere else. The content is awesome, the online gameplay works easily, same for the cloud storage, cross game chat, perfect customer service (something PC gamers don't even know in this form), integration with PCs is already pretty good and smartglass will be another step in the right direction.

Steam has good deals from time to time, but is full with cheaters. CSS, CS 1.6 is nearly unplayable. It doesn't feel like a community at all. Account-hacking is pretty bad, too.

Battle.net is full with hackers as well. 2 out of 5 games on WC3 (I still love that game) is against someone using MH.

PSN has a crappy UI, less content, fewer apps, no cross game chat at all, but more updates which take forever to download. Not everybody has a headset.

Sure you pay for XBL, but it is worth it. I am a XBL gold-member for 8 or 9 years and I don't regret a single day.

Its not worth it, paying 60 euros to access Twitter or YouTube is not worth it. Free services like PSN and Steam are the best, you cant beat free services. Online gaming has always been free. I dont see why anybody would pay for Live anymore when PS4 launches with more ram this x game chat, Vita already does it.

Being free is the only positive aspect of PSN people come up with. And it is okay, if you don't have $3 - $5 a month to spend. fortunately I have more money to spend, so I can afford a better premium service.

You dont have more money to spend lol, you have no other option than spending money in order to access Twitter or YouTube. These services are free on any other platform, but on XBL you have to pay. Anyways, its okay if you wanna pay for a system that lets you access free apps as long as you're subscribed.

Of course I have other options. I am on my PC right now and I will play WC3 on battle.net in a few moments. I still prefer XBL over the services I have used, because it is the total package you simply can't find anywhere else.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Turkish said:
mantlepiecek said:
When it comes to the gaming part of XBL and PSN, there is absolutely no difference between them. Anyone who says otherwise is either talking about cross game chat or is ill-informed.

Everything else is secondary, and psn has obviously no obligation to provide it for free. Or even provide it, really.

Indeed there is almost no difference. Vita already does cross game chat. Come PS4 it will have it too. The other mnimalistic difference I can think of is that XBL has demos of everything. But thats it.

And look how well that's selling PSV's lol, but seriously it's personal preference. All of my friends are on Xbox so that's where I go, 40m members pay because that's what they want to do it's very simple.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

The only reason why PSN is free is that Sony knows very well that people will not stay with PSN if customers had to pay for it...

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
The only reason why PSN is free is that Sony knows very well that people will not stay with PSN if customers had to pay for it...

Ahahahaha, Sony will not charge for PSN because they know online gaming has always been free.  If Sony charged for PSN then where would they go? Live? lol.

DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Of course I have other options. I am on my PC right now and I will play WC3 on battle.net in a few moments. I still prefer XBL over the services I have used, because it is the total package you simply can't find anywhere else.

I meant you have no other option than spending money to access anything on Live. I love my Youtube and twitter apps on my vita, ps3 and smartphone, they're all free. I guess if these apps were free on Live there wouldn't be much left to offer other than online.

Lostplanet22 said:

Can you think of a better reason for it to be free?

You don't take a free service and start charging for features that used to be free. That is immoral, and I think it's a good thing that Sony refuses to do it. But then, anything Sony does will be spun in a negative light by somebody.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Can you think of a better reason for it to be free?

You don't take a free service and start charging for features that used to be free. That is immoral, and I think it's a good thing that Sony refuses to do it. But then, anything Sony does will be spun in a negative light by somebody.

I think you mean everybody.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

DirtyP2002 said:

You're right about XBL offering top notch right now but it has nothing to do with the pay service, it's the hardware/software. If XBL was free everything would stil be there. Cross game chat is the thing that threads it all together and by far is the most useful integrated feature that is exclusive in home consoles this gen. XBL was a better platform earlier in this gen while PSN was still catching up. It did not take long for PSN to reach it though. XBL would be free is Sony didn't make the mistake with their RAM that prevented them from adding a feature like cross game chat. Since 360 has it exclusive they can charge a premium. I doubt they will be able to do so next gen and you will see a change to their pay structure. Unless they offer something interested to 360 they will make that system free and plug in their best service offerings onto the nextbox. But they are going to have to make damn sure they have some bomb services if Wii U or PS4 are going to be offering free services with forsight this time around.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(