By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How Xbox Live is blatantly better than PSN

Pretty funny stuff.

Around the Network

i prefer to pay,and numbers in sales in most games say the same thing. cod,ghost recon ,bioshock,fear3,i think,madden,and many more,well more importantly is cod and i guese battlefield 3 ,the 360 versiion sells more cuss people will rather pay to play,accecpt its no big deal for me i just pay a buck a month through paypal=)

naruball said:
Argh_College said:

Over 40M members cant be wrong.

Xbox Live is the best online service on earth and nothing will ever top it.

Steam is Great and PSN is really weak but hey its Free.

Live is on another League, a league of its own, its simple and effective, Psn is messy and buggy.

Psn is so slow when i hit the guide button then messages are a pain in the ass, seeing friends is strange, on Live is so easy and simples and thats why Live is the best. Also has much more and better features than all the others.

But this article is funny haha this guy has to be the master troll.

I'm sorry, but I find this argument extremely weak. Following this logic:

Millions of Bieber fans can't be wrong: dude's an amazing singer

Millions of Twilight fans can't be wrong. Twilight is an incredible movie

Millions of people who Jersey Shore can't be wrong. It's a show well worth one's time.

Numbers mean nothing when it comes to quality (most of the time). At any rate, i think everyone agrees that live is a great service.

Do you own a ps3/psp/vita and have been using psn or psn+ for a long time? I haven't tried live, but I've heard some great things about it.

So since you don't like those things it means they lack quility?

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Ji99saw said:
naruball said:
Argh_College said:

Live is on another League, a league of its own, its simple and effective, Psn is messy and buggy.

Psn is so slow when i hit the guide button then messages are a pain in the ass, seeing friends is strange, on Live is so easy and simples and thats why Live is the best. Also has much more and better features than all the others.

Millions of people who Jersey Shore can't be wrong. It's a show well worth one's time.

Numbers mean nothing when it comes to quality (most of the time). At any rate, i think everyone agrees that live is a great service.

Do you own a ps3/psp/vita and have been using psn or psn+ for a long time? I haven't tried live, but I've heard some great things about it.

No, if I've stated before that just because I don't like something, it doesn't mean it's bad.

I don't like Halo, Killzone, Fifa, Gt5, but I think they're brilliant games. Sure, I'll probably never play them, but they are quality games (despite some of their flaws). Same with the Beatles, or Mariah Carey (she has an unmatched vocal range, but I don't care for her songs).

The examples I mentioned are about an artist who's success is disproportionate to his talent, a movie that has received terrible reviews and is hated by the critics and the general public (apart from its fans) and Jersey Shore which has also received plenty of bad reviews and the general concensus is that it is a terrible, trashy show. One thing they all have/had in common: hype.

So please tell me where I suggested (implicitly or not) that they're bad just because I think they are, especially since I said that live is great based on the exprience from its users and not my own.

Turkish said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Turkish said:
Lostplanet22 said:
The only reason why PSN is free is that Sony knows very well that people will not stay with PSN if customers had to pay for it...

Ahahahaha, Sony will not charge for PSN because they know online gaming has always been free.  If Sony charged for PSN then where would they go? Live? lol.

Well it is clear people do spending a lot of time on live :).  That is why you see millions playing Halo and other games in the weekend... Something that you hardly see for any sony game....Excluding ofcourse call of duty that is also more popular on live :).  People simply want quality service...And with Sony having to excuse themself that PSn sucks last year and coming up with PSn plus to save their face ......well should not be a surprise that people choose live :).

Eh, Halo has million players in the weekend? Lol I dont believe that. I dont understand what you're getting at, are you trying to say that Live has more people playing on it and you only have Halo and CoD to back it up? :') PSN was down because it was hacked, not because it sucked, in what kind of reality do you live in lol :) PS+ launched in 2010, not last year, get your facts straight. :)

Back in the day Reach launched it had 1 milion unique players at the same time and some months ago when we were able to see Stats on Bungie.net it was having at least 700K players in "the last 24h" so yeah Halo must have at least 1 milion players by the weekend.

Cod has much more than that.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I played on steam, battle.net, PSN, Dreamarena and Xbox Live. Xbox Live is by FAR the best service on the market.

The UI and integration of all the apps works just perfectly fine. Better than anywhere else. The content is awesome, the online gameplay works easily, same for the cloud storage, cross game chat, perfect customer service (something PC gamers don't even know in this form), integration with PCs is already pretty good and smartglass will be another step in the right direction.

XBLA > every online-game-service on the market.

Steam has good deals from time to time, but is full with cheaters. CSS, CS 1.6 is nearly unplayable. It doesn't feel like a community at all. Account-hacking is pretty bad, too.

Battle.net is full with hackers as well. 2 out of 5 games on WC3 (I still love that game) is against someone using MH.

PSN has a crappy UI, less content, fewer apps, no cross game chat at all, but more updates which take forever to download. Not everybody has a headset.

Sure you pay for XBL, but it is worth it. I am a XBL gold-member for 8 or 9 years and I don't regret a single day.

Its not worth it, paying 60 euros to access Twitter or YouTube is not worth it. Free services like PSN and Steam are the best, you cant beat free services. Online gaming has always been free. I dont see why anybody would pay for Live anymore when PS4 launches with more ram this x game chat, Vita already does it.

It is worth it. If it wasn't I wouldn't pay for it.

Being free is the only positive aspect of PSN people come up with. And it is okay, if you don't have $3 - $5 a month to spend. fortunately I have more money to spend, so I can afford a better premium service.

You dont have more money to spend lol, you have no other option than spending money in order to access Twitter or YouTube. These services are free on any other platform, but on XBL you have to pay. Anyways, its okay if you wanna pay for a system that lets you access free apps as long as you're subscribed.

Of course I have other options. I am on my PC right now and I will play WC3 on battle.net in a few moments. I still prefer XBL over the services I have used, because it is the total package you simply can't find anywhere else.

I meant you have no other option than spending money to access anything on Live. I love my Youtube and twitter apps on my vita, ps3 and smartphone, they're all free. I guess if these apps were free on Live there wouldn't be much left to offer other than online.

The way the Apps are integrated is heads and shoulders above the PSN (well maybe except Twitter, I never used it. But Sky, Youtube, ZDF and Zune work really really well. Kinect is just the icing on the cake). And of course there are way more apps on XBL than on PSN. And don't get me started with Bing search, smartglass, XBLA games, Demos for every XBLA game, trophies for every XBLA game or Indie games... As I said, the total package XBL offers is better than any other service.

And why do you think I have no other options is still beyond me. I can use steam, PSN or Battle.net whenever I feel like it. I do most of my entertainment stuff on Xbox thougt, because this is the best quality you can get and I see the value of paying 3 - 4 USD per month for it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I played on steam, battle.net, PSN, Dreamarena and Xbox Live. Xbox Live is by FAR the best service on the market.

The UI and integration of all the apps works just perfectly fine. Better than anywhere else. The content is awesome, the online gameplay works easily, same for the cloud storage, cross game chat, perfect customer service (something PC gamers don't even know in this form), integration with PCs is already pretty good and smartglass will be another step in the right direction.

Steam has good deals from time to time, but is full with cheaters. CSS, CS 1.6 is nearly unplayable. It doesn't feel like a community at all. Account-hacking is pretty bad, too.

Battle.net is full with hackers as well. 2 out of 5 games on WC3 (I still love that game) is against someone using MH.

PSN has a crappy UI, less content, fewer apps, no cross game chat at all, but more updates which take forever to download. Not everybody has a headset.

Sure you pay for XBL, but it is worth it. I am a XBL gold-member for 8 or 9 years and I don't regret a single day.

Its not worth it, paying 60 euros to access Twitter or YouTube is not worth it. Free services like PSN and Steam are the best, you cant beat free services. Online gaming has always been free. I dont see why anybody would pay for Live anymore when PS4 launches with more ram this x game chat, Vita already does it.

Being free is the only positive aspect of PSN people come up with. And it is okay, if you don't have $3 - $5 a month to spend. fortunately I have more money to spend, so I can afford a better premium service.

You dont have more money to spend lol, you have no other option than spending money in order to access Twitter or YouTube. These services are free on any other platform, but on XBL you have to pay. Anyways, its okay if you wanna pay for a system that lets you access free apps as long as you're subscribed.

Of course I have other options. I am on my PC right now and I will play WC3 on battle.net in a few moments. I still prefer XBL over the services I have used, because it is the total package you simply can't find anywhere else.

I meant you have no other option than spending money to access anything on Live. I love my Youtube and twitter apps on my vita, ps3 and smartphone, they're all free. I guess if these apps were free on Live there wouldn't be much left to offer other than online.

The way the Apps are integrated is heads and shoulders above the PSN (well maybe except Twitter, I never used it. But Sky, Youtube, ZDF and Zune work really really well. Kinect is just the icing on the cake). And of course there are way more apps on XBL than on PSN. And don't get me started with Bing search, smartglass, XBLA games, Demos for every XBLA game, trophies for every XBLA game or Indie games... As I said, the total package XBL offers is better than any other service.

And why do you think I have no other options is still beyond me. I can use steam, PSN or Battle.net whenever I feel like it. I do most of my entertainment stuff on Xbox thougt, because this is the best quality you can get and I see the value of paying 3 - 4 USD per month for it.

You have to pay for those apps, they're supposed to be free. If you think you get a special service paying for youtube and that it is somewhat better than on other platforms, then more power to you.

I guess you need something to justify paying for the service.

I dont understand why you bring Kinect, smartglass to the discussion, we were talking about Live, not xbox in general. What is so good about smartglass eh. Kinect has no games I'm interested in and it is very very slow and not very accurate.

Btw, even I know indie games don't have achievements.

Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:

You have to pay for those apps, they're supposed to be free. If you think you get a special service paying for youtube and that it is somewhat better than on other platforms, then more power to you.

I dont understand why you bring Kinect, smartglass to the discussion, we were talking about Live, not xbox in general. What is so good about smartglass eh. Kinect has no games I'm interested in and it is very very slow and not very accurate.

Btw, even I know indie games don't have achievements.

Turkish, I just do not understand why you are arguing so much and trying to "convince" other people that do not think like you about PSN/Xbox Live.
You are at the edge of insulting people who pay for Xbox Live. I do prefer Xbox Live and I'm not going to argue with you about his advantages (my personal opinion) because this thread would take forever (as it does with DirtyP2002).

I do respect the fact that you do not want to pay for something or the fact that you prefer Sony over Microsoft, or PSN over Xbox Live for your own reasons.

But please, for god sake, stop insulting people with comment like that:

He does need to justify anything; he is just trying to explain you why “he” prefers Xbox Live and why “he” is okay to pay for it; like many other people. Also nobody said that the Youtube app is superior because we are paying for Xbox Live; you are saying that.

Everyone can list the reasons why they prefer Xbox Live or PSN. And you know what; it is not because you are not agreeing or because you do not care about the reasons people are paying for Xbox Live that they are not valid reasons.

how did we get a full on argument out of a joke article...relax fellas....-_-

naruball said:
Ji99saw said:
naruball said:
Argh_College said:

No, if I've stated before that just because I don't like something, it doesn't mean it's bad.

I don't like Halo, Killzone, Fifa, Gt5, but I think they're brilliant games. Sure, I'll probably never play them, but they are quality games (despite some of their flaws). Same with the Beatles, or Mariah Carey (she has an unmatched vocal range, but I don't care for her songs).

The examples I mentioned are about an artist who's success is disproportionate to his talent, a movie that has received terrible reviews and is hated by the critics and the general public (apart from its fans) and Jersey Shore which has also received plenty of bad reviews and the general concensus is that it is a terrible, trashy show. One thing they all have/had in common: hype.

So please tell me where I suggested (implicitly or not) that they're bad just because I think they are, especially since I said that live is great based on the exprience from its users and not my own.

How are you the judge of talent= to success ratio (that's just moronic), A movie hated by the general public will I guess you can tell that to the millions of people who watch it every year, and as far as jersey shore is concerned trashy or not it's still popular.  I'm just wondering how you became the ultimate judge over quality as you said "numbers mean nothing when it comes to quality" implying that they're bad because you don't like them (very simple). None of things you mention lack quality just because you say they do, and all are adored by their perspective audience.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw